TWENTY-SEVEN

TRIPLE UPDATE FOR 100K

This song felt fitting..

ONE WEEK LATER
TWO WEEKS TILL TRIAL

CORA ELLIS

We had seemed to make our way back here again.

Except this time, we are sat on some rather comfy chairs in front of Jodie's desk. Her plaque sits on the table, her name imprinted on the other side.

It felt like the circle of life coming back to see Jodie.

Her office was welcoming and very cozy. I thought it would be harsh, like very harsh lighting as if they are asking you questions on questions.

There was something about Jodie that didnt make me feel that way, she didnt make me feel like i should be scared, and i felt safe going into this trial with her.

Well with Harry too.

He sits next to me, holding my hand again as it rests on my lap. He steals glances every now and then to see if im still worried, and Jodie hadnt even turned up yet.

She said she had found something out that could possibly change everything.

That had me rushing out of the house faster than ever. I quickly called my sister and she drove over to baby sit the kids.

Harry's face was full of worry when i practically ran to the car. I always hated not knowing stuff, it triggered me for some reason and its something i could never rest with unless i knew the truth.

Now we were here, waiting for Jodie to come into the room. I had managed to bite all my nails from anxiety and my leg started to shake.

I didnt even care that i looked like a mess right now, i just needed to know what was going on.

"Breathe, everything is going to be fine" Harry whispers to me, clutching my hand tighter as he squeezes it.

"I know, im just so scared" I breathe out, flickering my worried eyes to his for a second before i go back and stare at the door.

I hear Harry sigh but he just takes his grip on my hand, not daring to let go.

I see the handle of the door move and my heart drops.

Here it goes.

The door opens and in walks Jodie, she turns to face me and immediatley i know there is something wrong. She isnt smiley like she always is, her face is dark and her eyes are filled with bags like she had no sleep. She still pulled her outfit together and her hair but seeing her like this worried me.

No going back now.

How bad can it be?

"Hi Cora" Her voice is hoarse and deep, almost like her throat aches her to talk.

"Hi" I say to her, trying to fake a smile in case she is worried. I dont want her to be worried about me, i just had to hide it.

Ive got used to doing that anyway.

Harry sits up next to me as Jodie makes her way to her chair. She slumps down before hitting a folder onto the desk which seemed to weigh way too much.

"So i did some research, the night of the party, is there anything else you can tell me? Was anyone there?" She says and i go to shake my head before two faces appear into my mind.

Faces i hadnt seen since that night.

"Yes, i had met two boys. There names were Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson . They were there the night of the party, i remember them chasing me down the driveway i believe and they watched every single thing happen between me and Theo" I tell her and she nods her head, not bothering to write it down like its no new information too her.