SIXTEEN

CORA ELLIS

Comfort.

It was something i had rarely. I had it from my family but that was mostly it. When Theo left i did get comfort, but not all the time. There was times where my sister would be with me of course, but there were also moments where I didn't. The moments I had alone, I lacked the comfort. I was alone, crying alone and trying to do so quickly with Orla sleeping next door.

So I was always happy when someone gave me the comfort.

"I'm so sorry" Harry muttered like it was his fault, his hand kept rubbing my arms to try and calm me but I just let it all go into Harry's chest.

I felt safe here.

"I wish i was there to help you" Harry  whispered into my ear, his hand still rubbing circles in my hair and his tone of voice sounded like he felt guilty.

"It just would have made things worse" I sniffle in his chest before i look back at Harry's eyes, they were glossy with guilt and it was something i hated to see.

"No, please dont feel guilty" I let the tears flow but i wiped under Harry's eyes where a little bit of mixture had gathered.

I hated when other people cried.

"I want you to know that i want you to call me if something happens again" Harry tells me firmly, i nod my head swallowing down the lump from crying as i look up at him with glossy eyes.

"Im just so scared" I whispered as i bit the bottom of my lip.

"You have nothing to be scared of" Harry tells me as he lifts my chin back up with his finger so i look at him.

"He will never win. He wont get Orla and he may have got your house and your money, but you can build that all up again. You can fight against him and i will be here every single step of the way to do it with you"

More tears brim my eyes from Harry's words and it makes him smile as i sniffle out a little laugh.

"Like i tell the twins every night, monsters never win" Harry says and i nod my head, this time he laughs with me and that puts a smile on my face.

"Ah there we go" Harry smiles "Theres that beautiful dimpled smile" He says and i slap my hands over my face again letting out a loud sigh.

"Stop it!" I shout at him with laughter, Harry cackles with me as he gently brings my wrists down from my face.

"Dont hide from me, never hide from me" He tells me and my hand goes back down to the sofa but Harry's hand doesnt let go.

Harry looks at me strangely staring into my eyes for a second.

What was he doing?

His head leans closer and i just sit in shock confused, his eyes look into mine and im not sure what is about to happen until it does.

He reaches for the remote behind me.

"Oh you cheeky shit!" I scream at him as i jump over him, trying to get the remote he had swinging around in the air.

"Try and catch it shorty" He laughs as i stand up on the sofa, jumping up to try and get it. Harry just extends his arm higher and i jump, reaching for it.

"Harry is that Cruz?" I say looking into the corner of the living room. Harrys eyes widen before he is darting his head around.

"Wha-"

"Gotcha!" I snatch the remote from his hands and Harry turns his head round immediatly, a gasp falling from his lips.

"You cheeky girl!" He says as he pulls my legs so they give out under neath me.