TWELVE

CORA ELLIS

I stand paralyzed in the doorway.

A cold chill runs over me, his illuminating blue eyes stand out like fireflies in the dark. My heart drops to my feet as the goosebumps awaken like chaos onto my frozen skin. I was warm before i walked through these doors of hell, now its nothing but a cold mist that shivers you right down to the tips of your toes. Hell must be full because i honestly cant believe that he is standing in front of me right now.

His presence is different.

His smile that once used to be full of happiness now menacing stands out in the dark with pearly white and its impossible for me to ignore that this is really happening, he is really here.

"H-how?" I stumble with my words, words mixed with shock and confusion ;clutching Orla tighter on my hip as tears erupt out of my eyes.

I need to protect my daughter, i need to be strong.

He stands. His posture tall and proud as he takes sauntering steps towards me. He wasnt that tall but he was still taller than me. He stands like he is proud and over powers me with his ridiclous height.

He's not as tall as Harry though.

He smiles darkly as he steps into the hallway light, enlighting every single feature onto his face.

I nearly gasp at the sight of how he looks, he looks normal. He looks like any normal person would.

He looks just the same as he did, no over grown beard or messy hair indicating stress. His eyes still bright but hold a shuddering darkness and his smile like i said, now menacing.

How can he be so normal after everything that happened?

"Hi baby" He turns to Orla, ignoring me and leaning down to her height. I go to step away in protection, but he grabs my arm tightly to hold me in place.

I gasp at the action.

His grip is hard and has me yelping, his eyes dont bother to change to me though, he stares at Orla as he tries to talk to her. His face is emotionless and he doesnt even care that he is hurting me.

What has happened to him? This isn't my Theo.

Orla's face seizes up as her tiny eyes go back and forth between the grip on my arm; a loud cry echoes through out the cold room. Theo pulls back in shock, his face washing over with anger. Orla must have sensed something was wrong because she began to cuddle herself into my neck even more as she sniffled.

I felt the tears become in my eyes from the sounds of my daughters terrified cries as i rub her back gently. She is scared of her own father and so was i.

I was terrifed right now.

"Why does my own daughter not like me?" Theo turns to me, nothing but an angered look on his face and it has me panicking in fear as his hand grips my arm tighter. His volume gets louder and a flinch at the loud shout that comes from his mouth.

He was blaming me for the reason why Orla doesnt like him, is he fucking brain dead?

His grip is burning into my skin and I just I just knew I was going to have a mark after. Orla cries harder, his volume scaring her as she death grips me.