THIRTY-FIVE

HARRY STYLES

Being back home in London, felt different to all of the other times i had come home.

This time i felt refreshed, i felt strong and i felt so much happiness.

I had come home with a girlfriend.

One week ago today we came home from Paris. I really would have stayed there forever if i could, it was all i ever wanted to do for the rest of my life, but we had to face the music of the harsh reality back home.

When we told Cora's family, i swear they could have thrown a party over it. There was smiles, laughs, lots of hugs, kisses and lots and lots of tears.

It felt nice to have a family again and i felt so happy with the life i had grown by myself for me and the twins.

I felt like i was doing a good job as a dad and it was one of the best feelings in the world.

It was like we were still in the mindset of Paris when we came home, the next few days after were so happy and full of joy.

Then reality hit.

The trial is in four days.

We are currently sat in Jodie's office, Cora's legs are shaking and so are her hands in my hold.

This was the first time we had seen Jodie since we had come back, and now with the trial being so close, it felt so real.

i know Cora is scared, she hasnt been sleeping right for the last few days, she hasnt smiled as much, she hasnt laughed. She is quite quiet and im starting to miss my Cora.

I miss her smile.

"Everything is going to be okay baby" I say to Cora gently, trying to soothe her as my hand rests on her thigh, i rub my thumb back and forth gently as she flutters her eyelashes shut, taking in deep breathes.

"I know, im just so scared" Her voice is barely above a whisper and i can hear the fear in her voice.

I hated seeing her this way.

"Dont be scared, everything is going to be fine. You have me and you have your family, you have Jodie to back you up, everything is going to be okay" I try to reasure her like i have been for the past week.

She is so on edge and i dont like it.

She nods her head, blowing out a breath through her perfect pink lips as she tries to calm herself down.

"Your right, i need to stop panicking and have some faith" She whispers to herself, her eye shutting almost like shes trying to convince herself between her shut eyelids.

I hum in agreement as she grabs my hand, holding onto it tight. I squeeze her hand in mine and lean over our chairs to kiss her on the head, calming her down immediatley.

As i do, the door opens and i see Jodie come through.

"Hi guys, how are you?" She says, smiling gently which might calm Cora's nerves.

"We are good, how are you?" I ask her and she responds back with a smile nodding her head.

She goes on to talk about how the trial as we know is in four days. The stress was turning real and i knew Jodie could see it on Cora's face.

"Remember Cora, we have everything on him and compared to what you have to fight with, he has nothing on you" Jodie speaks softly to her and Cora nods her head, her lips in a tiny smile.

"I know, we are just risking everything here and im just so scared th-"

"Nothing bad is going to happen" Jodie cuts her off.