FOURTY-SEVEN

ITS HARRY'S BIRTHDAY!
Here's your gift from me :)

THE TRIAL.
THE VERDICT

*no perspective*

The verdict.

This was it.

This was the moment Cora had been waiting for, for four weeks. This is the moment she had been waiting for since Theo slammed her front door and left in the middle of the night. This is the moment she had been waiting for since Theo came back and stole her home. This is the moment she had been waiting for since Theo threatened her. This is the moment she had been waiting for since Theo broke into Harry's house and abused them both. She had been waiting.

This was what it was all for, this moment.

This sharp moment that concludes both of their futures.

Today Cora would either leave the court room with her daughter back in her arms and return her to the loving family she deserves to live in , or she would watch as her ex fiancé takes her daughter away from her forever, taking her to a world so evil that she fears every night before she goes to sleep.

A world that would not show her love, a world that Cora couldnt ever imagine her daughter being in. As much as Cora would like to have control, her control is limited in this moment. She knows she has tried all she had, she used every piece of evidence no matter how dark it was, she fought since her daughter was born for this moment.

That feeling is bittersweet.

Nothing leading up to this moment feels real as Cora sits in her rocky wooden chair. The same chair she has sat in throughout this entire journey. The chair is just as fragile as her, just as nervous as the legs stand on a slant.

Cora keeps her head forward, Theo does too as he sits with no longer a wicked smile on his face, but a look that is full of nothing but guilt.

Two policemen stand at the side of the room. Cora keeps looking at them but her body doesnt fill with nerves, but Theo's does as he looks at them more.

Guilty.

Anyone in this court room could read the look off his face. It tells the truth and it says it all about the lying and coniving monster that he is.

His lawyer sits by his side, trying to look smart and strong, but his eyes flicker over to Sam every other moment, knowing that it was the only evidence or bad thing that they had against Cora.

However next to Cora sits Jodie, the women who had sat by her side throughout this entire journey. Her face is strong and her posture even stronger. Her eyes dont flicker, they stay straight towards the jury and the judge. She feels confident, knowing the only piece of evidence they had of Cora is now outdated.

Even though she holds up this strong shield towards the jury and the court, no one can see how tight Cora is holding her hand under the desk. No one knows about the nervest that sit beneath all the strength in Jodie's stomach.

Behind Cora is her loved ones.

Harry, Lia, her mother, her father, Zayn, her brother in law and Sam.

They all sit in order on the bench.

They sit like Jodie. They arent scared and if anything all their confidence makes Cora's fear stand out in the crowd. Sam is the only one on the bench who isnt hiding any fear, he is confident that Cora has nothing to be worried about.