TWENTY-EIGHT

IM SO LATE AGAIN😭SORRY!

CORA ELLIS

The feeling of being numb.

Its a feeling i learned to develop with over the years. I had been in so much pain since that crash and it the numbess was the only way to turn it all away.

But now i didnt have that protection.

The numbness started to rub away, leaving me fragile and simple to break at any moment.

I was now in a harsh moment of reality, and i had to know face it on my own.

"W-what" My throat clogs, my air feels like its robbed from me and my eyes flood faster than ever.

Harry sits next to me, his mouth acape, his hand strong on my hand. He sits with wide eyes, looking at Jodie as my eyes flutter between them both.

My heart starts to feel like its been ripped in two.

There was a possibly that Sam was alive, and i didnt know how to feel.

The guilt from that crash tarnishes through my walls as i feel pain course through my veins. My ears ring and my eyes shut as my head falls into my hands, my body feeling cold and weak to the touch.

I uncontrollably sob into my hands, i gasp for air and cry out in pain in some screams.

I glutch my heart, gasping as i try to pry away the pain. I feel Harry pull me to his chest trying to calm me as he kisses my head.

"Shhh, your okay" He whispers, i can tell his own voice is choppy and i know he is crying too.

Everything floods back from that night and my heart explodes, like i lost sam all over again.

After all these years, Sam could be alive.

I ruined myself in pain when he could have been alive. But i cant blame him for not wanting to see me and getting away from me, i almost killed him and i was a monster.

Im sure he thinks so too, otherwise he would have came back.

"No no no" I repeat between sobs, gasping for air as my throat aches. My whole body shakes in Harry's arms and my ears ring louder than ever.

I just dont stop crying.

It feels like my entire world has collapsed around me and i felt like i was dying. I was living the pain i endured the night i had lost Sam when i held him in my arms.

It was all coming back.

I can hear muffled talking between my screamful cries and ringing ears. Before i know it, im pulled tighter into Harry's arms and we rise in the air.

I curl my body into his neck as i sob and i dont dare to look away from the darkness of his shirt.

I hear Jodie in the background, shes sniffling and i feel her delicate hand rub my hair before she places a soft kiss on my head.

I hear more muffled talking before Harry starts to walk. I shut my eyes and continue to curl my body away from the world. I hear the car door open and im placed on a seat. I curl into the seat, still crying louder than ever.

This was one of the worst pains of my life.

When Harry gets in the other side, i feel his hand rubbing my knee as he tries to talk to me, but i cant hear a word he says. He starts to drive but doesnt remove his hand, the little act of comfort making my heart swarm through the pain.