FOURTY

Gabriella's POV

Today, Mr and Mrs Harper told me with have a new family member joining us.

They mentioned she was only temporary, but i thought i was too until they adopted me. They are lovely to me, i havent found myself able to call them mum or dad yet though. The term just doesnt feel right. I am forever greatful for them taking me in and making me feel like i had a family.

I never knew my dad, i never knew my mum.

But i like to think they loved me, even if they left me in the middle of the streets on a shady london day. Just a baby, crying in a little basket, one tiny blanket with me, one i cannot sleep without now.

In this house, its Mr and Mrs Harper, me, their son Max and his sister Mirabelle, but we call her Belle for short. I moved around foster homes and adoption homes for a while, no family ever felt like i was good enough to keep. But when i was 11, i met Mr and Mrs Harper.

Mr and Mrs Harper are in their 30's i think, Max is 16 and Belle is 14, both of them being older siblings to me.

My name is Gabriella, but they all call me Ella for short.

I remember how they all smiled brightly at me, how Mrs Harper brought me for a hug once she first saw me and told me she would love me for the rest of my life. They make me feel a part of a family and they make me feel loved.

I just hope this new family member does too, even if she stays or if she doesnt.

"This little one joining us today is not even one year old yet. She is tiny but adorable and during her time here we must make her feel loved" Mrs Harper tells us three children as we sit at the kitchen island, she passes out fresh fried eggs and bacon as she smiles with joy.

Mr Harper was setting up a little baby section in the living room, he had lots of toys and i knew they were very excited to have a little baby again. They had spent the past week decorating a perfect pink baby nursery, they went a bit over board with decorating but i dont think they minded.

It made me sad to think this baby might have expierenced the same fate as me. Mrs Harper hasnt told us why the little girl is here, even how much we wish too know.

I suppose it wasnt any of our business, i just hope one day we find out.

She was meant to be arriving very soon, Mrs Harper has only told us she has had a sad morning so we have to make her as happy as we can when she is here.

"Can you please tell us her name mum?" Belle asks, sitting forward in her stool as she takes a bite of her bacon.

Mrs Harper nods her head.

"Her name is Orla Jones, she is very adorable i must tell you" Mrs Harper smiles as she puts little cups of water in front of us.

Just as she goes to turn around and Belle is about to bombard her with another question towards the baby, the doorbell rings.

Mrs Harper goes still as i rise in my seat, Mrs Harper turns around fast with a smile and her face practically beams with excitement.

"Here she is!" She says, hurrying to the front door as Mr Harper walks to join her.

Us three children turn around on our stools, wanting to see this new temporary family member.