TWENTY-THREE

Two updates in one day? GO ME!

This a depressing one though so buckle up!

CORA ELLIS

Standing here in Harry's doorway, i feel numb to the touch.

My body feels like its shutting down again and all the darkness and sadness i tried to recover from is just piling back on top of me again.

Its drowing me and the future scares me more than anything at the moment. A cld chill runs over my body, my tears freezing cold onto my overwhelmed and sweaty skin.

The world feels like its falling apart all over again and it wasnt a road i wanted to venture down again.

But sometimes, we have to face our fears.

"I want to tell you about Sam" My voice wavers and the lump deepens from the sound of his name all over again.

Harry stands frozen in the doorway.

Shocked to see me stood here at two in the morning. This was something i had to do, if i didnt tell him myself, when the case starts and the truth comes out, im fucked.

I just need to be honest, even if it destroys me.

"Can i come in?" I whisper to Harry, the colour has drained from his face and he must have made a link between my bracelet and Sam's name.

He swallows a lump like it kills him as he nods his head, opening the door for me wide.

I force myself into the room, knowing if i dont, i wont face the fear.

Harry follows me as he sits back on his bed where he once lay. I sit opposite him as i pick my nail beds and look at my lap.

"M'sorry for waking you" I murmer and Harry finally speaks as he places his warm hand on my shaking knee.

"I was awake anyway" he whispers to me and i nod my head as i can already feel the tears form from what im about to tell Harry.

This could change everything between us.

This could destroy every single thing we have build together.

He is going to think im a monster.

"Take your time" Harry must notice the panic on my face as he rubs his knee, his bright green eyes even in this darkness, glistening like always.

I take a deep breath, my breath faltering.

"It was the summer of 2019"

SUMMER OF 2019
3 YEARS AGO
CORA IS 19

"Sam! Seriously shut up!" i slap Sam's arm as he goes on to the entire party.

"She pushed me out of my own toy car!" He says and a cackle falls out of my mouth as he smiles at me.

He stands on the kitchen counter, its filled with booze and im not even sure anyone at this party was really listening to what he was saying.

We were way to drunk for this.

"Sam get down!" I shout at him and he wobbles his body around, teasing his feet of the edge like he is going to fall.

"Your such a dork" I say to him as i practically yank him off the kitchen counter. The party music booms loud into my ears as i shout to try and communicate with him.