Chapter 6 -

(TEZUAN AND KEELIS IN THE MM!)

1 Month Later

~•Zhari Giovanni Welsh•~

"Zhari honey, I need you to take this box to the back for me." Ms. Miranda said.

Miranda Carter who has been my boss for about 8 months now. She's the owner of a well-known hair salon. I've been working as her main receptionist since I've got here.

She's an amazing woman and is honestly like another mother to me.

"Sure." I said taking the box from her and heading to the back.

Working at Carter's Hair-Station is actually something I enjoy.

The gossip amongst the ladies and the deep conversation is something I always find myself intrigued in. Intrigued because it's beyond amazing how much people know about other people's business. It's funny nonetheless.

Just as I was about to go back in the front my phone rang.

"Hey Kim."

"Boo! Whatcha up to today....after work?"

"Nothing, why?"

"Me and Mia miss you girl. We only been seein' you inside of school. You tryna divorce us?"

I chuckled. "Never that, bae. I'll swing trough your place today after I get off. Cool?"

"Yep. Don't play me either. Be here when you get off."

"I gotchu, love." And with that I hung up. I was about to go back to the front when I accidentally bumped into one of the racks causing one of the shampoo bottles to fall.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Miss Zhari." A voice from behind me said. "I'm startin' to think you're just real clumsy."

I turned around to be met with the likes of Jayoni.

"And I'm starting to think that you're following me."

"Never that. Us bumpin' into each other all the time...literally is more like....what was the word you used that day? Oh yeah, fate." He said stepping closer to me. The closer he got the more my heart wanted to pound out of my damn chest.

"Sure, whatever you say." I mumbled to cover up my quickened breath. Why does he make me feel this way? "If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing inside of a hair salon? You friends of Ms. Miranda or something?"

"I wouldn't consider myself a friend of hers. More like offspring. Did you notice the name of the shop?" He asked.

I mentally face-palmed myself. I should've already put two and two together before asking.

"You're her son." I completed the puzzle. I knew that she had one son which is Jahleel because he goes to the same school as me and Kaiah do. Jahleel is also Kai's little boyfriend or whatever.

Ms. Miranda always told me how she had another son. My dumb ass should have noticed the resemblance between Jahleel and Jayoni.

"I can see that you work here." He said pointing to my smock.

"Yep." I mentally rolled my eyes at him pointing out the obvious. "Well if you don't mind, I kind of have to get back to work." I said stepping around him.

"Aye." He grabbed my arm pulling me back to face him again. Just as he did it, butterflies danced in my stomach. The feeling was weird.

I snatched my arm out of his grasp and looked at him. "What? What do you want now?"

He looked down at me and smirked. "I'm not lettin' you leave 'til you give me your number, ma."

I huffed and pushed my hair back away from my face. What does he want my number for? It's not like we're gonna be having full-blown text and call sessions. I'm gone be on my lightskin shit when replying and answering the phone.

The idea of giving him a fake number popped into my head.

"Fine, give me your phone." I told him.

"Nope." He said before slipping my phone out of my hand.

Taken aback I said, "Ni- have you lost your mind? Give me back my phone."

"Why so you can give me a fake number? Nah, baby. I wasn't born yesterday." He said with a chuckle.

I huffed giving up as he saved his number in my phone then called his phone from my phone saving my number.

He smiled giving me my phone back.

"Happy now?" I asked with a slight eye roll.

"Ecstatic, baby girl." Just him saying that made me shiver mentally....in a good way.

The hell is my problem?

~•Jayoni Amir Carter•~

I smiled at my accomplishment. She actin' hard to get now, but when I lay the pipe down on her stuck-up ass, she gone be comin' back for more every time.

I just wanna fuck, she look like she got that good that'a have a nigga whipped forreal. I'on get whipped though.

She held onto her little fucked up attitude as she went back up to the front and I followed behind her.

"Jayoni, when did you get here?" Mama asked once she seen me.

"A couple minutes ago." I said while giving her a hug and kissing her cheek.

"Oh, where are my manners?" She exclaimed. "Zhari, this is my oldest son Jayoni."

"We've met." I told moms.

"Oh have you?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

I chuckled. "Not like that, mama."

"Woah, yeah! Completely not like that at all." Zhari said visibly turnin' red causing me to smirk.

"Mmhmm, okay." She looked us up and down. "Don't be corrupting my baby, Jayoni. She's a sweet girl and has a good head in her shoulders."

"Ms. Miranda, you don't have to worry about that at all. I hardly know him anyways." Zhari said before walking away.

I chuckled along with moms.

"Aight, mama. I'm bout to head out of here." I told her.

"Okay, and be careful. I know what you're about to go do. No matter how many times I tell you that you don't have to walk in your father's footsteps, you continue to do so any-," I cut her off.

"Mama, we go through this every time, this is what pops would'a wanted." I told her.

"I understand that but I don't want you to get hurt. You seen what happened to your father! You're my son, baby. I don't want the same thing happening to you." She whisper-yelled at me.

"Mama, I'm fine. I promise. Look, I love you but I gotta head out." With that said kissed her cheek and headed out the door.