C H A P T E R | T H R E E -

C H A P T E R  T H R E E -

Omniscient
|||

3 weeks later, the day of the funeral was finally here. The family procrastinated with funeral arrangements for so long due to the fact that they never wanted to believe that she was actually gone.

It was as if the funeral would make things final. They didn't want things to be final.

"This can't be real." Kimeria cried into Devin's chest as they sat in their living room.

The service didn't start for another 2 hours and neither of them could sleep. Zhari was their sister so they were hurt just as much as everyone else.

"This shit crazy, man. Zhari? Of all people, Zhari?" Devin huffed as he watched his one year old daughter roam around the house.

She had no care in the world not understanding what was going on.

"I don't understand," Kimeria cried. "Who would even do this to her?"

Devin shook his head. "I'on know, but we damn sure gone find out.

.

"I don't wanna go! I don't want realization to set in!" Mia cried to Anthony.

The two were also at home getting ready for the service. Well, Anthony was getting ready, Mia wasn't really feeling it.

"Come on, baby. You gotta do it for Z. She'd want you there." Ant tried to ensure her.

"Do you understand what's going on?! My bestfriend, no my sister is dead!" Mia yelled.

"I know that! She was my sister too, Mia damn! Get your ass up and go get ready. You think any of us really wanna go?! No! We don't wanna believe she gone but it's what's true." Anthony yelled back.

Mia broke down in tears once again. "Baby, why they take her from us? She don't do shit to nobody! She didn't deserve this."

Anthony pulled her into her arms before kissing her head. He wiped a stray tear before responding. "I know, I know. We gone find whoever did this shit though. On God we is."

.

"Wooo, calm down, Adrianne. Calm down." Adrianne tried to coach herself.

She had dark circles under her eyes from not sleeping like she should and her eyes were bloodshot red from crying.

No matter how many times she tried to apply her makeup to hide the dark circles, her tears ruined it.

"Damn it!" She slammed the concealer on her vanity before backing away from it and collapsing to the floor in wails.

She had lost yet another daughter and her heart was in shatters.

When she met Solomon she not only felt as though she had another chance at real love but also another chance at parenthood.

Losing her daughter, Celine, to cancer sent her into depression. Now here she was in the same predicament with Zhari.

Though she was not the biological mother to her, Kaiah, or Ke'Andre, she loved them like she was. Nobody could tell them anything different anyways.

Adrianne was their mother.

She started to hyperventilate just as Solomon came into the room and got down on the floor with her to comfort her.

He himself was a mess also. His oldest daughter was taken from him too soon and he, like everyone else, didn't understand why she was gone.

His baby girl was the sweetest person anyone could ever meet. She didn't have run-ins with anyone. Just an innocent life taken away without reason.