New Book: When I'm With You

This is chapter one of my new book "When I'm With You" (I might change the title) but let me know if I should post it or not. Thank you ❤️

E K H O (pronounced Echo) - Kho for short (pronounced Co)

Month: August

I chuckled to myself while shaking my head seeing my best friend, Shayana, stare down the movers seductively.

Me and Shay were getting settled at our new condo in Atlanta, Georgia. Seeing as though it was the start to junior year of college, we were lucky to have got this place when we did. Especially since it's only a half a mile away from campus.

I would've still been in The Bronx, New York had my grandmother not passed three months ago

I would've still been in The Bronx, New York had my grandmother not passed three months ago. Well my adoptive grandmother.

I was put into foster care when I was a born. Me and my twin brother both were, in fact. I was adopted when I was a baby by my foster mom, Olivia. This is what caused the separation of me and my brother.

I don't even know what he looks like, nor do I know his name. All I know is that I shared a womb with him and now have no clue of where he could be.

Aside from that, life with Olivia was great. I loved her the same as any daughter should love their mother. It never mattered to me that she wasn't my biological mom. All that mattered was the fact that she took me in and loved me as her own.

Olivia passed away from breast cancer when I was 13. Her death left me devastated and depressed for a very long time. I found the motherly love I needed within her only for her to be taken away from me.

Thelma, Olivia's mother, took me in and we pretty much helped each other in getting over Olivia's death. Thelma was my light within darkness. I loved her beyond explanation.

A month after my high school graduation, Thelma got diagnosed with breast cancer also. This broke my heart as the only thing that was going through my head was "damn, not again."