Chapter 23 -

1 Month Later...

~•Zhari Giovanni Welsh•~

It's finally that time. Me, Mia, and Kimeria will be graduating in a week from now. Of course I'm excited but I'm also nervous. College is just around the corner now.

Today, Jay brung me, Kaiah, and Jahleel to school. Kai and Leel was already inside while I was still outside in the parking lot with Jay.

"Can you just take me back home? I don't feel like being here today." I told him. He was sitting in the car sideways so that his legs were outside of the car as I stood between his legs. There were still a lot of people outside so we were the center of attention which made me uncomfortable.

"I'm not bout to take you back home, Z. You need to be here as much as you can attendance wise to make up them days where you was suspended." He said before stepping out of the car. He closed the door and leaned up against it.

"But my head hurts." I whined with a pout.

He opened the door back up and grabbed something out of the glove compartment and his bottle of water. When he closed the door back and turned back towards me I realized he had a bottle of Ibuprofen.

"Here." He placed one 500 mg pill in my hand and gave me the bottle of water. I took the pill and gave the bottle back to him.

"I still wanna go home." I told him as I rolled my eyes.

He chuckled. "And I still say no."

I sighed as I checked my back pocket for my money which wasn't there. I looked in my purse for my wallet and it wasn't in there either.

"Jay, I left my wallet at home so you're going to have to take me back anyways." I told him.

"Do you really need it, baby?"

"Yes, I have to eat lunch, Jay."

"Oh you just need money." He stated reaching into his pocket pulling out a folded stack of money consisting of only twenties, fifties, and hundreds. "Here."

He handed me the whole stack as if it was just chump change making my eyes widen.

"Baby, I don't need this. I'm buying lunch, not a business."

He laughed. "Just keep it, Z."

"No." I pealed a twenty from the stack then tried to give the rest back to him.

"I'm not taking it back." He said as he grabbed it from my hand and placed it inside of my purse.

"I don't want to keep it, Jay." I whined.

"Stop bein' stubborn and keep it." He demanded pinching my sides.

"You get on my nerves."

"I just love spoilin' you. Is that okay?"

"Yes, but this is too much."

"Not for me." He said causing me to roll my eyes. "And stop that shit."

I huffed and he kissed my lips.