Chapter 12 -

(ZHARI IN THE MM!)

~•Zhari Giovanni Welsh•~

"Bye Ms. Smith. See you next week." I said to one of the customers as they paid me and left out.

Being a receptionist at a hair salon has to be one of the easiest jobs ever.

I got up from my post and headed to the back to bring some more shampoo and conditioner to the front. I grabbed the two boxes and brung them to the front.

The bell on the front door rang signaling someone had came in.

"I'll be with you in a minute." I called over my shoulder. I started restocking the shelves when someone wrapped their arms around my waist. I tensed up and and tried to pry their arms from around me. Then I heard a deep voice chuckle.

"Calm down, Z. It's just me, ma." Jayoni said. I relaxed and sighed in relief but still removed his arms from around my waist before turning around to face him and taking in what he had on.

He was wearing a black and white NY tee and some white joggers.

The ooh's, ahh's, and mmm's resounded around the shop from other employees and clients when I hugged him. It never ends.

I playfully rolled my eyes then noticed that he had a chipotle bag. I smiled big and he chuckled and shook his head.

"I don't know what you smilin' for. I ain't get yo fat ass nothin'."

My smile dropped along with my mouth as I smacked his chest and attempted to walk away from him. He grabbed my arm and turned me around as he laughed.

"Damn, you know I was just playin'. Drop the attitude and let's go eat." He said. I fake smiled and rolled my eyes before walking ahead of him to Ms. Miranda's office.

"Wassup, mama." Jayoni said greeting his mother before hugging her and kissing her cheek.

"Hey, son. What are y'all up to?" She asked.

"I'm takin' Z on her break." He told her.

"Oh thank you. I tried to get her to take a break like an hour ago but she declined. She's trying to over work herself. You better get on her again." Ms. Miranda snitched like I just wasn't in the room also.

Jay glared at me and I turned away to make it seem like I didn't notice him glaring at me.

I work hard. In school and at work. Sometimes I forget to to eat because I'm so focused and sometimes I just don't eat because I don't want my focus to be thrown off.

"Aight. We'll be back." He assured her before grabbing my hand and leading me out of her office. We left out of the shop and headed to his all white Range Rover.

"What's your problem?" He asked as we sat in the car.

"Jay, please don't start." I sighed, looking out of the window.

"Then stop doing this dumb shit. Stop trying to overwork, ma. Please. You don't need to be all stressed at the age of 18. You juggling school and a whole ass job, I understand that but takin' little breaks won't hurt. I promise." He lectured but little did he know, my stress started at 13.