C H A P T E R | S I X -

Zhari Giovanni Welsh

"So who is it gonna be? You or your precious baby boy." Pharaoh questioned with a devious smirk on his face.

"Kill me! Please leave my baby alone!" I cried while trying to get out of Prophet's grasp. He had me pulled against him while he held my arms behind my back.

Jaice was crying at the top of his lungs reaching for me but Pharaoh continued to hold him away.

"Please, he didn't do anything wrong! Leave him out of this!" I pleaded.

"You what I think, dad?" Prophet chimes in. "I think making her watch her son die would be more torture."

"You think so?" Pharaoh questioned with a smirk before placin' Jaice inside of his crib and pointing his gun at him.

My heart dropped, as everything became silent while I stared at my son who was still screaming at the top of his lungs.

"NOOOO-,"

POW!

I woke up in a cold sweat breathing heavily. The cries got louder as I realized Jaice was really crying over the baby monitor.

I got out of the bed and ran to his room to see him in his crib in the crawling position crying his little eyes out. He had woke up from his nap and was hungry.

I sighed in relief and wiped my face before scooping him in my arms. "It's okay, baby. Mommy's got you."

I rubbed his hair soothingly before walking downstairs to the kitchen.

"Jay?!" I called out throughout the house.

I got no response so I walked around the house continuing to call his name.

I left my phone upstairs so I decided to call him on the house phone. Just when I picked it up, I seen him sitting in the backyard with Ke'Andre, Anthony, Keelis, Mordecai, Devin, Tezuan, Mia, Kimeria, and I'Liyah.

The backdoor is all glass so they seen me and waved. I waved back sending a small smile before motioning for Jayoni to come in.

He pointed to himself to confirm that it was him that I wanted and I nodded before shifting Jaice in my arms.

As he got closer, he noticed the tears in my eyes causing him to speed up his pace.

Opening the door, he rushed my way. He grabbed Jaice before pulling me into his arms causing me to break down.

"What's wrong, baby girl? What happened?" He asked as he stroked my hair.

"I-I-Uh had a-another dream." I stuttered burying my head into his chest.

"Breathe for me, baby. Sit down in the livin' room while I get him situated and we can talk about it." He said while calming Jaice down as he still cried softly.

I nodded and went and sat on the love seat placing my head into my hands.

My thoughts began to consume and I felt broken. I didn't like this feeling. I felt as though they got the better of me. I didn't feel like myself.

"Look at me." Jayoni demanded breaking me from my thoughts. I looked to see that he was crouched down in front of me. "Baby girl, I'm here to help in every way that I can. Let me know what I gotta do."

I wiped my eyes. "I don't know, baby. I don't feel like myself. I probably won't feel like myself until I know that the two of them are gone. But then again, I don't even know if that'll get me back to myself."