Chapter 36 -

~•Zhari Giovanni Welsh•~

I looked down at Jaice with a smile as I breastfed him. He's now a week old and growing more and more everyday.

It was only me and him in the house at the moment due to Jay being at the trap. I rolled my eyes at the thought while shaking my head.

Don't get me wrong, Jayoni is a damn good father but damn, Jaice just got here and he's back at it like he never left.

I knew that this was the life he lived and respected his grind but at the same time, I'd like to have him here with us right now.

We have a new born baby and he's not easy to take care of. He goes to sleep at 8pm, wakes up at 11pm for a feeding then goes back to sleep, wakes up again at 2am for a feeding then goes back to sleep, wakes up at 5am for a feeding then goes back to sleep, then he's right back up at 9am and at that point there really isn't anymore reason for me to go back to sleep.

Not to mention the diaper changes between those times also.

But, I wouldn't trade my son for anything in the world. I was so attached to my peanut already and now couldn't even imagine how life would be without him.

After he was done eating and had fallen asleep, I unlatched him from my boob before taking him upstairs to his nursery.

It was now a little after 8 so I placed him in his Baby Bubble Bed that I ordered offline and made sure he was comfortable before heading back downstairs.

I was beyond tired of eating out so I decided to cook dinner for me and Jay. I decided to make T-bone steak with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables.

Getting everything out, I seasoned the meat before starting to cook everything. In the midst of cooking, I had to stop and bend over at the waist counting to ten.

I was still in a lot of pain from having Jaice. Especially when I peed. It always burned and there'd be a little blood. I knew that it was natural so I didn't stress it. But, this shit really ain't no joke.

I couldn't wait for this pain to disperse. As soon as it's gone, I'll be right downstairs in the home gym working on this body.

"You good, baby?" I heard Jayoni ask as he entered to kitchen. I didn't even hear him come in.

I quickly wiped the tears that sat at the brim of my eyelids. "Yeah."

"Stop, lyin', man. Go sit down." He said before coming over to me.

I lifted back up before turning to him. "I'm fine, babe. It just still hurts but I'm good."

I started cooking again, checking the potatoes that were boiling.

He shook his head. "Go sit down in the living room or somethin'. I know you tired. You can't be superwoman 24/8, ma. I'll finish cookin'." He said.

"Aw," I pouted. "You think I'm superwoman, baby?"

He pecked my bottom lip. "Of course. You're taking care of our son, tryna cook despite to fact that you're in pain, and you hold me down. Even though I know you not feelin' me goin' back to the trap so soon after Jaice."

"How'd you kn-," I started but he cut me off wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Baby girl, I know you better than you know yourself. But, we have a child now so I'm definitely bout to grind harder than ever now to ensure that I'll be able to continue takin' care of you and him, aight?" He questioned and I nodded. He smacked my ass. "I wanna hear yo fuckin' words, lil girl."