Chapter 6

On the drive back, Matt wrote things in his notebook that looked like equations to Kelly. He was glad that there was no one on the street because he found himself constantly glancing at Matt from the corner of his eye. He saw the way Matt would bite the back of his pen when he was thinking or the way his tongue poked out to the side when he was concentrating. He couldn't help but think all of that was cute and had to stop himself multiple times from letting his thoughts travel more.

"How did you get into all of this?" Kelly asked, trying to distract his mind, and Matt looked over at him, confused. "Engineering, I mean and I guess the computer stuff," he clarified and watched as Matt's features turned startled and then frightened. Matt turned back to his notebook, not saying a word, and Kelly reached for his coffee and stressed drink the rest of it.

The rest of the car ride was silent, and Kelly got more confused about who Matt Casey was. The more he spends time with, the more he gets confused because one second he is this happy person playfully arguing with Brett and the next second, he looks about two seconds away from throwing up. Matt doesn't like his last name and is obviously scared of someone if his reaction to the door was anything or what he whispered to himself in the parking lot.

Once back at the apartment, Kelly fell onto the couch as Matt took his place back on the dining room table.

"Are you not sleepy?" Kelly asked, and Matt shrugged. Then the sound of typing filled the room, and then Matt was walking over to him and taking a seat next to him.

"Okay, so I put in the numbers I came up with into my program, and it's not exact, but does this look similar to what you saw?" Matt asked as he placed the laptop in Kelly's lap and pressed the space bar. Kelly watched at the part of the building that was 'library' exploded and then went up in flames and then the next part and then the next. It looked exactly the same to Kelly despite being digital and pixelated.

"This is- wow, it looks like how it happened from what I can remember," Kelly said, impressed and turned to Matt, whose face had paled. "Hey hey hey, what happened? This simulation might help with the investigation, and I will tell them about the debris you found," Kelly said, worried and placed the laptop on the coffee table. He turned to Matt fully and tried to catch the blonde's eyes, but they were shifting around so quickly that Kelly didn't know what was happening.

Matt's arms flew out, and he gripped Kelly's arm tightly as he looked directly at him with wide, terrified blue eyes. He wasn't talking but started hyperventilating. Kelly was about to bring him into his lap again when Matt pushed himself to the end of the couch. The next thing Kelly knew, Matt was up and running to the bathroom just in time to throw up in the toilet. Kelly jumped up and went to check on him.

He kneeled beside Matt, rubbed his back soothingly, and brushed his fringe off his forehead. Kelly started getting worried when Matt began to throw up blood. He pulled out his phone about to call an ambulance when he had to catch Matt's head from falling into the toilet.

"Matt?" Kelly asked, putting his phone aside and lightly moving Matt's head back to get a better look. Matt had his eyes closed, and Kelly cursed.

"BRETT! IT'S MATT!" He yelled and moved his hand to check Matt's pulse. He could hear the movement of blankets before fast footsteps followed.

"He was throwing up, and then it turned into blood, and then he passed out," Kelly informed Brett once he felt her presence. They quickly switched places, and Kelly called an ambulance as Brett checked Matt over. She removed as much blood from his mouth as she could and kept checking his pulse.

The paramedics were quick to come, and they got him strapped in and in the ambulance. Brett went with him while Kelly followed in his car.

At the hospital, Dr. Choi was checking over Matt.