Chapter 7

Kelly woke up to the feeling of a warm body practically on top of him and looked down only to see blonde. He thought for a second, wondering if he hooked up with anyone last night, but then remembered that Matt had come in the middle of the night and snuggled up to him. Matt had shifted closer to Kelly during the night and almost climbed entirely on top of him, but Kelly didn't mind. Matt was light, and to him, it felt safe. He felt this protectiveness over the college student, especially after the many panic attacks he had, and if this is what made Matt feel secure, he will do this all night.

Kelly turned his head to see that it was eleven and was surprised that he slept that much. He usually woke up the latest at seven, whether it was shift day or not, so he was surprised he slept so peacefully and for so long. Kelly didn't know whether to wake Matt up or not. He didn't know if he should stay until Matt woke up or leave him to sleep. He decided he needed to go to the bathroom and tried to move Matt off of him, but Matt's grip tightened the second he made any movement. Kelly chuckled at the realization that Matt won't be letting him go anytime soon. Despite Matt's small frame, he was surprisingly strong and used his strength to keep Kelly where he wanted him to be. However, Matt also doesn't entirely go to sleep. From a young age, he had always slept with one ear out for any signs of danger, so when Kelly had shifted, that had woken him up a bit.

Kelly could tell Matt was waking up when his head started moving on his chest, and he watched as Matt scrunched up his nose before letting out a silent yawn, much like a cat or dog would. Then he watched the little nose wiggle Matt did right before his eyes fluttered open, and then bright blue eyes were staring back at him.

"Morning, Matt," Kelly said with a smile, and Matt lazily smiled back. He tapped Kelly's chest twice as if to say, 'good morning.'

"Sleep well?" He asked, and Matt nodded and rested his head again on Kelly's chest before shooting up into a sitting position. Kelly was surprised by the movement and looked at Matt, startled. Matt looked back with his guilty and apologetic smile, and Kelly smiled and shook his head. "No, you are not apologizing for being cuddly. Don't worry about it, but I know you, and you most likely will worry about it. Too bad we don't have your 'I AM SORRY' mug here," Kelly teased, and Matt huffed and relaxed a bit, but Kelly could still see he was still worried he crossed a line. "Seriously, Matt, I don't mind, and frankly, I liked it. You are very warm and cuddly, much like a cat," Kelly said with a smile, and Matt glared at him to cover the blush, but Kelly noticed and laughed.

"Well, I need to use the bathroom, and then we shall see what Brett and Shay are doing for food," Kelly said and saw Matt's lost and confused eyes and once again, without thinking, he leaned in to kiss Matt's temple. "Go get ready for the day," he whispered before climbing out of bed. This time, it wasn't until he got to the bathroom that he realized what he did and cursed himself again for not having better control. On the other hand, Matt liked that Kelly was doing that and hoped Kelly didn't realize the blush formed on his cheeks when he kissed his temple.

Matt climbed out of bed and then the room and walked down to where he and Brett shared a room with a small happy smile. He noticed the bed was made, and either Brett was awake and made the bed or she slept somewhere else. Either way, he walked to his bag, pulled out a change of clothes, and went to the adjoining bathroom to get showered and change.

He walked downstairs after finding Andy, a little boy, a baby, a woman, Sylvie, Shay and Kelly. Matt has walked slowly up to them, and Kelly was the first to notice his presence.

"Matt, this is Heather, Andy's wife and their two kids, Griffin and Ben," Kelly introduced, and Matt shyly waved at them. He was quick to wedge himself between Brett and Kelly, feeling uncomfortable with the new faces.

"Thanks again, Sylvie," Heather said, and Brett shook her head.

"I love kids and don't worry about it. Darden has been talking nonstop about finding a babysitter, so this will at least shut him up," Brett said.