Chapter 32

Matt woke up feeling sore but also with a heavyweight on his chest. There was a slight pang of pain in his chest right where all the stitches were. He wanted to move away from it, but he looked down to see what was causing the slight pain and saw silver hair. Matt looked around and checked the time, and it was around dinner time. He didn't even remember falling asleep but remembered Kelly crying himself to sleep in his arms.

Matt would've stayed in his position for Kelly, but his head pressing into his chest was hurting him, so he gently moved out from under Kelly and placed his head on a pillow. Matt got up and walked to the kitchen, and as quietly as he could, he found some food to make dinner with. He then changed out of his suit and into sweats before going back to the kitchen.

He went back to the kitchen and started cooking, and he isn't going to lie; it's been a while since he cooked. Even living with Sylvie before this started, he didn't cook much because he was studying too much. He sometimes forgets to eat, and Sylvie would do the cook and then text him until he responded that he ate when she was on shift. He would say it's been a good six months since he last cooked.

He shrugs and gets cooking trying to be as quiet as possible so as not to distube Kelly's much needed sleep.

Kelly woke up to the smell of food, and he groggily opened his eyes and wondered why he was sleeping on the couch in such an awkward position when he remembered he had fallen asleep in Matt's arms after crying. Kelly looked, sat up, rubbed his tired and heavy eyes, and stretched before getting up and looking for Matt. He went to the kitchen first to find Matt with his back to him by the stove. Kelly smiled at how domestic this looked with Matt cooking in his kitchen like it was his own, and then the thought of Matt moving out hit him, and his smile dropped.

"Hey, your up," Matt said when he turned around to grab the plates. "Just in time, dinners ready," he turned back to the stove, split the food up into twos, then placed them on the kitchen island, grabbed another plate, and put the garlic bread on it from the oven.

"Wow," Kelly said when Matt placed the plate of garlic bread on the island before going to the fridge, turning to Kelly with a frown, and then turning back to the refrigerator. He poured himself a glass of orange juice, grabbed a beer for Kelly, and walked over to where Kelly sat down and took the spot beside him while handing him the beer. "We could've ordered in, but this looks and smells amazing."

"Thanks," Matt grinned and handed Kelly a fork. "You guys didn't have much, so I grabbed random stuff to make pasta and then garlic bread. Figured this would be enough, but there's more pasta in the pan if you're still hungry, or we can order in if you don't like it." Matt rambled, and Kelly chuckled and wrapped an arm around Matt's shoulder and pressed a short kiss to his lips.

"I'll love it," Kelly said and to prove his point, he grabbed a forkful of food and put it in his mouth and didn't even have to pretend to like it because the pasta was delicious. He couldn't pinpoint the flavours he was eating, but whatever it was, he wanted. He was chewing and looked over to Matt, looking over at him with expectant and slightly nervous blue eyes, and Kelly put a hand over his mouth as he swallowed it and grinned.

"This is amazing, and I'm not lying," Kelly said, and Matt visibly relaxed and turned to his plate. "Where did you learn to cook like this?" He asked without really thinking about the question, though, and he knew his mistake when Matt visibly tensed.

"I-um. Gregory, he-he had me cook every day, and if it wasn't good enough, well- I think you know," Matt stuttered out and felt Kelly's hand resting on his lower back. Matt looked over, and Kelly kissed his forehead.

"It's amazing, sweetheart," Kelly said lovingly, and Matt smiled and kissed him again. When he pulled back, he frowned and huffed.

"Another nickname," Matt mumbled, and Kelly laughed.