Chapter 40

It's now a few weeks into the next term. Kelly has started teaching Matt how to drive, and at first, Kelly was seriously wondering if Matt would get them into an accident. Still, once Matt clamped down on his anxiety, he was a decent driver—a bit jumpy but not bad for a beginner. Matt has also found himself busier now with school and work, and sometimes he gets so lost in work he forgets that Kelly is still there until Kelly comes up and wraps his arms around Matt, making the blond jump in surprise. Kelly also had noticed Matt texting with Hallie and even Gabby more now that school has started up again, and sometimes when he goes to pick Matt up, he sees the three laughing with each other. Kelly hates the jealousy he feels, but it instantly stills when Matt notices him and leaves the group only to run up to him and give him a big kiss.

Sexually they haven't progressed further than blowjobs and handjobs, but Kelly has noticed Matt being more comfortable around him. Kelly knows it's Matt's torso where all the scars lie, so Matt is never topless, but he doesn't mind changing his pants if Kelly is in the room. Kelly doesn't like that Matt won't even let him touch his stomach and when he asks why, Matt tells him that he had stitches there when he was little, and he doesn't want the risk of Kelly feeling it. Kelly hates it, but he will respect Matt's wishes. He hates Gregory for doing so much damage to his boy.

~~~

Kelly came home on a late Saturday afternoon. He had to check in with a client who wanted his boat fixed up for the summer, so Kelly agreed to spend a few hours after shift work on it. Shay is out on a date, and Brett is at Antonio's with his kids for the day so that Kelly would be coming home to only Matt. He thought he'd find Matt in the living room or dining room table, but the first floor was empty. He then went to their room to see Matt with his glasses on. A highlighter in between his teeth. The tip of a pen between the highlighter and bottom lip. Both the desktop and laptop are on and in front of him. A notebook in front of him with two textbooks around him, stacks of paper around the desk, and some on the ground. Kelly has never seen Matt with this much work surrounding him and is taken aback by sight. He snaps out of his shock when Matt turns him still with the highlighter and pen in his mouth, and only now does Kelly notice that Matt's hands are occupied by what looked like a computer piece and a screwdriver.

Matt mumbled a greeting before putting down what was in his hands and then taking the highlighter and pen out of his mouth and placing it on the table.

"Sorry, hi," Matt said now more clearly. He got out of his work mess and walked over to Kelly, and greeted him with a kiss.

"You look busy," Kelly says, still looking around but having his arms around Matt's waist.

"Oh, this is for extra credit," Matt said, and Kelly snorted.

"Of course," Kelly said with an affectionate laugh that Matt shrugged. He is used to Kelly playfully teasing him about his knowledge. "What for? Aren't you acing all your courses?

"My professor, Dr. Scott Whitlow, is more like a professor in the university. But anyway, he gave me a sheet of paper with like five things on it and asked me to make it however I liked, and so here I am. However, this doesn't have anything to do with my program, at least not entirely. There's like chemical engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, biomedical engineering and then one that I'm not fond of but one of them is explosive. I made it at school, and I'm scared to give it to him, but he did say I have a free-range, so... It's more like a gag explosive. It does nothing more than a little jungle man flying out of the ball with a scream," Matt rambled with a shrug and Kelly couldn't help but laugh.

"A little jungle man?" Kelly asked, trying not to laugh, and Matt huffed.

"I wasn't going to make an actual bomb, and right after I talked to him, Gabby was talking to me about the new Tarzan, so," Matt explained with another shrug, and Kelly laughed into Matt's hair.