Chapter 85 • Skip It

"How was your supper?" Anne asks from across the table and I hum in acknowledgement, covering my mouth while continuing to chew my last bite.

"It was very good, Mum," Harry replies. "I've always loved that place. I had no clue that Chinese food could be made healthy and taste delicious. I might get the cabbage dish even after we're off this special diet."

"That's nice, darling, but I was asking the mother of my grandsons," she grins, no doubt loving this new phase of being a grandma-to-be.

"Oh, well, don't mind me," Harry theatrically throws his hands up in surrender and I soothe his shoulder.

"Aww, it's okay, babe."

"Sure, it's okay for you because you're the one getting all of the attention."

"Huh, yeah, because I'm the one growing them in my belly."

Harry grins, "Well I guess that's a good excuse and you deserve all the attention."

I proudly hum and a succession of tiny thumps on the left side of my belly surprise me, "Oo! I think the twins liked dinner also."

"Are they kicking?" Anne excitedly asks.

"Yes. Do you want to feel?"

She cups her hands near her heart, "Oh yes, please."

While she comes around the table, I lean back in my chair and she kneels beside me.

"Lemme show you," I guide her hand to my belly and we wait. A thump lightly pounds on her palm and her eyes immediately fill with tears. "That's one of your grandsons, or both. I really can't distinguish what's what in there."

"Oh, oh my. What an incredible miracle. Hello in there, my little darlings. This is your Grandma Anne and I love you both equally. What's that? Oh, you both would like dessert? Good thing I made fresh fruit salad, hey?" My hormones seem to take over because my vision has become blurry and I blink away the tears. "Would you- oh, JJ, what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. It was just a beautiful moment. Our boys are going to be so loved."

"Ah, but they are loved already," she pats my belly and stands back up. "Would you two like dessert? There's apple, pear, blueberries and mandarin oranges mixed together with light whipped cream. Does that sound good?"

"It sounds good and healthier than a chocolate bar. I'd love some, but I've used up my twenty-minute time allotment to sit up, so I should probably get back to the bed."

"Why don't you get settled and I'll bring you a nice bowl in a minute."

"That would be wonderful, Anne," I smile up at her and she leaves the dining room. A heavy sigh captures my attention and I turn to face Harry. "Care to join me in the bedroom?"

"That sounds like an invitation to Naughty Town."

I tilt my head at him, "It wasn't meant to be. And try to keep it in your pants, please. Your mum is going to be there shortly."

"Ah, yes, but she won't stay in there with us for long. She's just bringing us dessert, which, we could have some fun with the whipped cream."

"My God, you're horny. Okay, enough of this for now because I need to put my feet up."

Harry's responsible husband and father-to-be side comes out and he stands from the table, "Let's get you to the bed."

With my left hand on the back of the chair and my right hand on the table, I lift myself up to stand and I blow out a breath. "Okay. Want my hand?"