Chapter 39 • Peek-A-Boo

"Now that the dishes are done, what do you say I give you a little fashion show of my new maternity clothes, then we can have some dessert?"

"Hmm, I'd quite like that," he muses while drying the last plate with the dish towel.

I take a step closer to him and place my hand on his shoulder to earn his attention. He looks over in my direction with a smirk, turning his body from the kitchen counter to face me and I gently take the plate and towel from him.

"Good. Why don't you get comfortable on the couch and I'll change into the first outfit, hm?"

"Alright, but only if you kiss me first."

Grinning at his words, I lift up on my tiptoes and peck his lips. "There. Now go sit down before you distract me."

He gasps in offense, "Who? Me? Why I'd never-"

"Oh stop it," I playfully chide, setting the plate in the cabinet. "Go on."

Harry smirks, pushing his sunnies further up his nose and he leans down to grab the harness, "Maggie, take me to the sofa, please."

As they leave the kitchen, I watch them with a fond smile. I place my hand on my belly and a loud gurgling sound surprises me.

"Are you still hungry?"

"Not really. Maybe my food is digesting," I offer as an excuse, making my way out of the kitchen. While Harry feels the couch to sit down on the end, I grab the large shopping bag and set it on the coffee table. "Which one should I show you first? Ah, I know. This one's my favourite."

"Can't wait. And don't worry; I'll close my eyes while you change." His smirk lets me know he's proud of himself with his ongoing joke of not looking when I'm naked.

I put on the black blazer with satin floral lining and I fix my hair out of the collar. "This is a piece that can create multiple outfits."

"I like that."

"Me, too. Okay, gimme your hand. Feel it?" I ask and he raises his eyebrows in interest as his hand smooth over my shoulders to the lapel. "The inside is a nice satin."

He moves his hands over my chest and I inhale a sharp breath. As he discovers the lining, I watch his expression change.

"Very nice. I like it. You can wear it with slacks or a skirt?"

"Mhm, it's multi-functional and I can wear it with practically any color shell," I explain, maneuvering my arms out of the blazer's sleeves. "I'll try on this blouse next. It has the cute belt that ties in the back, y'know, like pregnant women wear."

"Actually, I don't know," he says with a small chuckle. "No one I know is pregnant, well, besides you, and I don't go around feeling random pregnant women's clothes."

His words take me by surprise and as I drape the blazer over the back of the couch, my heart breaks for my husband. Knowing he doesn't want pity for his disability, I pull myself together and put on the blouse.

"Well you can feel mine," I reply, working on fitting the material over my head. "There. Lemme just . . . actually, can you tie the belt?"

"Yeah, just guide my hands." With a smile, I bring his hands to the thin material on my hips and I let go so he can tie the belt. As soon as he ties it, he smoothes his hands over my waist around to my belly and I cover his hands with mine. This sweet moment makes me smile and I realize he wants to touch my belly. "How's the tie? Is it too tight?"

"No, it's perfect," I say, turning around to face him. "This is a light blue cotton blouse with a scoop neckline. It's three quarter sleeves so it's perfect for both a Summer outing and in the office. I got several of this one in different colors. I love that when that happens. Do you like it?"