Chapter 30 • My Whole Heart

"Maggie's so adorable," JJ quietly says and I feel our bed dip down on her side. "Those walks must've really tuckered her out. She's already asleep in her little bed, snuggling with her blankie."

"I know. I've been listening to her snore while you've been in the loo," I reply in a hushed tone, turning on my side to face her.

A long exhale lets me know she's getting comfortable and I feel her pull the covers up over us. She turns towards me, giggling lazily as she slides her leg between mine. I wrap my arm around her waist, recognizing the soft material of her pyjamas and I exhale a breath.

"Comfy?"

"Mhm. M'always comfy when I'm cuddling with you," she says and I can't help but grin at her words. She inhales a deep breath that I recognize as a yawn and it makes me yawn. "Even though today didn't go how we originally planned, it was a good day. Don't you think?"

"It was, and tomorrow's going to be even better," I say and she hums in favor, pressing her body into mine and she cups my cheek. The warmth of her hand feels nice on my skin and I grin into her palm. "Have I told you how happy I am that we're married and starting this new adventure of bringing our twins into the world lately?"

"Hmm, not within the last five minutes," she giggles, making me grin, "but I'll never get tired of hearing you say that."

"Good, cos I don't plan on ever stopping."

She breathes out a laugh, caressing my cheek with her thumb and I can sense her staring at me. It's times like this when I have to try my damndest to not be bitter at the fact that I can't see her because it's all I want to do.

And I'm in for the challenge of my life come a little less than eight months from now when I'll hold my own children in my arms and I won't be able to see them.

"Are you okay?" Her soft voice pulls me out of my dark thoughts and I inhale a calming breath.

"Yeah, m'fine," I reply and she exhales a deep breath. "I'm fine. Honest."

"Okay. C'mere. I want to kiss you."

I scoot closer with my lips puckered for a kiss and I feel her lips on mine a little off-centered at first. The mint from our toothpaste is fresh on our breath and I inhale a deep breath through my nostrils, smoothing my hand on her waist and bunching her pyjama top in my grasp.

I slip my tongue into her mouth, earning a tiny moan and I lean my body into hers. I reach over to feel the bed with my hand to make sure there's room before I roll us over until I'm on top of her.

Our movement ends our kiss and I quickly move onto my forearms to support my weight so I don't crush her stomach. With her legs framing my body, I kiss my way to her neck, simultaneously rolling my pelvis into hers and she breathlessly gasps in my ear.

"God, I want you. Take me, Harry. Make love to me."

Her plea makes me grin and I work my way to her chest, peppering kisses as I scoot down her body. I place my hands on her thighs to help push them apart and as I kiss around her bellybutton, I slip my fingertips beneath the waistband of her pyjama bottoms.

Since that's the only material, I realize she's not wearing any knickers and I feel like it's my birthday and I'm about to unwrap a present. After I slide them down her legs, I drop them next to me on the bed and make myself comfortable between her legs.

"I love your body so much. You're so sexy, JJ, so beautiful," I say, caressing her curvy hips with my fingertips.

She whines, squirming from my touch and I smirk at the effect I have on her. With my hands holding onto her hips, I press a kiss to her inner thigh, gently nipping with my teeth and she gasps. The recognizable scent of her intimate area is alluring and as I kiss my way over, I grind my dick into the bed to create pressure for that much needed relief.