House of Hasty

I hope you enjoy reading . I very much enjoyed writing it.

Fabian's POV

Mara"Miss Devenish, you worked as a cook at Beacon Grove School nine years ago. Is that right?"

Vera"I wouldn't have put it on my resume if it weren't."

Mara""So can you explain why you are not in this photo, of the entire kitchen team when they won the award for excellence that year?"

She then clicks her control and then laptop changes to its first slide.

Vera"I arrived at the beginning of the academic year, which starts in September. Uh, what is the date of that article, Mara?"

Mara looks at the article she just showed us and then slowly answers.

Mara"April twentieth."

Vera "Five months before I arrived."

Charlie's POV

While everyone was in the hearing, me and my brother has decided not to attend at all because we were busy with our prank. We had snuck into the computer room and he held the tape in his hands. He sits down in the chair and pushes the USB into the slot.

Eddie" Sweet"

Charlie" Sweet indeed"

Both twins high five.

Fabian's POV

Mara was continuing to interview Vera, so far she wasn't doing very well.

Mara"You recommended Vera for the job, but you told me you barely know her."

Jasper"She was a friend of a friend, I was happy to make the recommendation."

Mara "Did you think it strange Vera was the only applicant?"

Jasper "I wouldn't know about that."

Vera"Mara, I'm confused. Are you questioning Mr. Choudray's character now, too? Do you have any scruples at all about whose reputation you tarnish?"

Mara"I'm trying to establish, how you came to get the job here and why."

Vera"Mr. Sweet hired me, perhaps you'd like to interrogate him next."

Mara"I just want to know the truth."

Vera "In which case, I'm even more confused. I thought you were claiming to already know the truth when you wrote that article."

Mara"No, I mean, I did—"

Mr Sweet"Let's stick to the facts, shall we, Or rather the lack of them. Mara, please move on."

Mrs Andrews gives Mara reassuring nod to continue.

Mara"Your last job was as a housekeeper at Dews bury Manor three years ago. Mr. Hendry was your employer. Is that correct?"

Vera"Yes,"

Mara "I spoke to a man there who told me Mr. Hendry died over twenty years ago."

Fabian" Surely there is no way Vera can wriggle out of this one, could she.

Vera"Mr. Sweet, I would like to introduce someone who will put an end to this nonsense once and for all, if I may."

We all watch as Vera gets up from her chair and opens the door, a man in most likely his sixties sits in a wheelchair and has a walking stick. Vera helps him up and escorts him into the room. Mara looks so confused like she has seen the man before.

Mara"You?"

Charlie's POV

After slotting in the usb Eddie then clicks on the video to preview it. We both chuckle as it is of Sweetie dancing away in a cowboy outfit with what looks likes fellow teachers if not just friends.

Eddie" What do you think?"

Charlie" I think Sweetie is going to go mad with this one"

Eddie" This is going to be so funny, come on click it with me"

We both click the mouse.

Twins" Busted Sweetie!"

Nina's POV

I had been watching Fabian we had all known Mara a long time and even though she could be very annoying sometimes no one was loving watching this hearing. We continued to listen to what Mr Hendry had to say.

Mr Hendry"Vera was with us for many years," he says. "She was a wonderful cook. And her chocolate cake...mmm. Out of this world."

Mara"But you told me Mr. Hendry was dead,"

Mr Hendry"I'm sorry, my dear, but I've never seen you before in my life."

Mara"I came to see you. Don't you remember?"

Mr Hendry "Possibly. My memory is not as good as it used to be, but I can assure you, I do remember my own name."

I look over at Fabian and he shares a worried look, this was turning out how we thought it would, then we look up and then screen is now playing a video of what looks like Mr Sweet in a cowboy uniform dancing at a barn dance. Everyone start laughing so hard. It takes Mr Sweet a while to notice but he does, he is not happy. He starts by trying to turn it off.

Joy" Yeehah!"

Alfie" Nice dancing Mr Sweet"

Everyone continues laughing and whistling.

Mr Sweet" Daphne help me"

They both then try to turn it off, Mr Sweet finally gets it turned off and looks fuming.

Mr Sweet" We will take a short break while I sort some things out"

I look at Fabian and he knows what I'm thinking.

Nina" We need to go now, while we have a chance, come on"

Fabian" What about the others?"

Alfie has disappered with Jerome and Patricia is busy with Joy helping Mara.

Nina" We are going to have to go without them, come on"

Amber" Where are we going?"

Charlie's POV

My twin and me are now sat on one of the desk with with our arms folded, Mr Sweet looking at us red in the face.

Mr Sweet" Do you have any idea how much trouble your little stunt has caused today, undermining my authority"

Twins" And what authority is that Eric?"

Mr Sweet" After this hearing is over I want to see you two in my office, do I make myself understood?"

Twins*smirk*

He then shouts very loudly in our face and he has gone redder than I have ever seen him.

Mr Sweet" DO I MAKE MYSELF UNDERSTOOD!"

Twins" YES!"

Eddie" Loud and clear cowboy"

I chuckle at my brother's remark. Patricia then storms in and she looks very angry, not Mr Sweet angry but angry. She marches over to us.

Eddie" Who is the teacher's pets now?"

Patricia" You two have just sent Mr Sweet back to Mara's hearing worst than ever and it's both of your faults since you made he post the article Weasel Twins"

She then storms out and I feel Eddie sigh next to me, I take his hand and squeeze it.He gets up from his desk and runs over to the door.

Eddie" Hey you started this, we are in this together Yacker"

I walk over to my twin and sigh.

Charlie" We are in big trouble aren't we"

Eddie*nods* Yep but that is what we wanted wasn't it"

Charlie" Of course I have never seen Sweetie mad like that, I mean his face looked like a tomato"

Story Notes
So The Twins finally embarrassed their dad to show Patricia they are not teachers pets. But did it make it worse? X

Authors Notes
Let me know what you think down below. Comments really make my day.

Follow/Like/Comment

Thanks.