Chapter 20 || Relatives

"Sir, they are kids

"Sir, they are kids. They were given the drugs without their knowledge". "Mr Roy Chowdhury, let us do our job and that is dismissing the four of them from this college", the principal said.

"That's not fair, sir. I believe this kids were tricked into using this. Instead of punishing the actual culprits, why are the students getting the punishment. They can be sent to rehabs for therapy but dismissing them is not fair", Rudra tried to get justice for the affected students.

"Mr Roy Chowdhury is right. From what we have collected from the students, videos of both the girls showering were recorded when they went for the hill trip.

Meaning there's someone else in this college who's a part of this as well. So the main culprit had threatened the girls into taking the drugs. So when the girls' boyfriends confronted the culprit, they threatened them as well", the DSP, Rahul Gupta said.

"But sir, we can't just continue having them here just because of that. The other students' parents will be displeased. We can't ruin other students' peaceful atmosphere, can we", the Mathematics Head of Department (HOD) said.

"That's utter nonsense! Just because of the parents, you want to ruin four students life. They won't be able to get seats in other colleges easily if you dismiss them", another HOD said.

"But-", the principal was cut of by the DSP. "See Mr Anand, the students have a bright future. Whatever that happened was not their fault. We are not taking any charges on them but we have to send them to the rehabs for their betterment. Don't ruin their future for something that was not in their hands".

"Yes Sir, they are already scared and broken. This will hurt them more", Rudra pleaded. "Fine! But if anyone, parents or students make an issue out of it, you will be answerable to them", Mr Anand said.

"I will take responsibility, sir", Rudra added. "Okay then, we will start on the procedure of getting the students to the rehab. I have taken their statements already, so we will also be finding for the main group.

We need your cooperation, that if you have anyone suspicious in or around the college, inform me as soon as possible. They may be a lead to the investigation. I'll get going then", Rahul said, before leaving the meeting room.

=====

"Vanakkam, Attai". (Hello, Aunty)

"Aaru... oh dear, you seem to have gained weight", Vani, Mohanraj's elder sister spoke. Yes, what a great way to start, Ruthira thought in her mind. "Oh you don't like my body, I know it's sexy", Ruthira said, sassily blowing her right hand's nails.

She heard many gasps and a snicker probably from her sister in law, around her in different timing. She also received a light push on her shoulder by her father who was standing beside her.

"Ava summa velaiyaduku sollara. Aaru, why don't you go take a bath first", Mohanraj said, trying to make the environment light. Ruthira rolled her eyes and went to her room to take her clothes.
(She's just joking)