Chapter 58 || Insight

It had been a month since Niveda's funeral

It had been a month since Niveda's funeral. Both Ruthira and Rudra never once spoke to each other. Both had their own issues. Rudra had shifted to the spare room leaving the main one to Ruthira.

There were days where Ruthira would cook dinner but Rudra would skip it. Eventually she stopped trying and skipped dinner everyday. In this one month, they only saw each other four times.

Rudra will leave early while Ruthira will come back late. But he never failed to make sure she had her medicines. The rest of the time were just spent inside the room. Whenever their parents call, they don't answer most of the time.

Both of them felt lonely and had sought for assurance from others. Rudra became closer to Riya. One day Riya had found him crying in the staff room and when she asked him, he broke down and told her about losing his child.

Riya was the only one there for him throughout the past one month. She was supporting him emotionally. Like Riya, Siddharth was gaining his friendship with Ruthira back.

Andrea had taken a one month break as she needed to take care of her mother who had fractured her leg.

Unlike the usual Ruthira, one day she zoned out during a meeting which caught Urmila's attention. She scolded her for not paying attention and asked her to leave the room.

That was a shocker to everyone present in the meeting room as Ruthira was never the person to lose her attention. After the meeting was over, Siddharth rushed to her.

When he reached her, he saw her consuming a pill for panic attacks. When he asked, she hesitated to tell him. But upon further insistences, she told him. He lend her a listening ear and assured her.

Soon, their relationship became cordial again.

=====

"Aaruthira, juice for you", Siddharth entered her cabin. "You didn't have to". "Here, you didn't eat lunch as well, do you know how much of weight you have lost. I can literally see your collarbone popping up".

Ruthira smiled and took the iced OJ. "Okay, I'll get going. See you later", Siddharth said and left the room. In 10 minutes , Ruthira was ready to go back home.

She took out the sleeping tablets she had been using and placed it on the table. Since the tablet took about half an hour to kick in, Ruthira took it before she left for home. In that way by the time she got home, the drowsiness will kick in.

On finding that her water bottle was empty, she stood up to get some water from the pantry. Suddenly, dizziness kicked in and she stumbled. She tried walking back to her chair to sit down but it was too late as she fell backwards.

However, she did not fall down. Instead, someone had caught her from the back. His favourite cologne hit her nose. "Rudra", she whispered trying to keep her consciousness.

=====

"What the hell dude, you are Riya's ex? The douchebag that cheated on her", Rudra shouted.

"I didn't cheat on her! I had to break up with her because of our religions. Our parents were strict, and they didn't even know we got engaged.

My parents found a girl for me and my mother was blackmailing me, I had no choice so I broke Riya's heart. But I couldn't spoil another girl's life, so I ran away and came here. And that's when I saw her with you yesterday", Pratik said.

"Do you still love her"? "Of course I do, but she doesn't". "She does love you, it's just she's hurt. Talk to her, she'll understand", Rudra smiled.

"Can you help me set us up"? "Pratik, dude, no promises. I'll try but if Riya feels uncomfortable, I'll stop". Pratik nodded and hugged him. "Is Bhabhi not feeding you well, you seem to have lost weight".

Rudra stiffened at the mention of her. "No, just stress. Anyways you take care, it 8 already I'll leave", Rudra mumbled and left Pratik's house.

=====

"Hey buddy", Rudra bent down and rubbed Butter's head. Butter barked and dragged him to his food bowl that was empty. He frowned because Ruthira always fed him before 8.

Maybe she forgot, he thought and filled up Butter's bowl with food and water. The husky immediately stuffed his face in it, making the excess food jump out.

"Easy buddy", Rudra laughed and went to his room. On the way to, he noticed the master bedroom open and no one was inside. Shaking his thoughts off ,he went to shower.

It was around 10 pm when Rudra went out to take some water. The room opposite to his was still open with no one inside. He turned and saw Butter sitting beside the door.

"Butter? Buddy go and sleep, it's 10". "Aluuu", Butter whined scratching the front door with his paws. "She's not back yet", he questioned himself.

"Where the hell is she", he ran his hands in his hair. Picking up the phone, he called Yeshna.

Yeshna: What the hell do you want?

Rudra: Where is your best friend?

Yeshna: Which *yawns* best friend?

Rudra: Aaruthira.

Yeshna: How am I supposed to know where your wife is. Go and call her.

Rudra: We are not on talking terms. Can you call and ask her to get home quick, it's raining.

Yeshna: Do you even have any kind of consciousness? Just because of your stupid ego, you are not allowing a pregnant woman sleep. Go and fix your own issues.

Rudra: Did you forget all those times when I was the middleman for you and Abhi? Or when I helped you sneak out of the house?

Yeshna: Yeah, start guilt tripping. I'll call her bye.

Rudra: Hmm.

Rudra sat on the couch and leaned back. "Where's she", he mumbled to himself. Getting up, he went to his room and took out his laptop to prepare his lesson plan while waiting.

Soon his phone rang and it was Yeshna. "She's on the way, she said she fell asleep at her workplace". Rudra sighed in relief and thanked her before ending the call,

"Thank you".

Do vote, comment and share 🤞🏾

❤️,
DD