Chapter 18 || Emotions

The sunlight poured through the windows, as the curtains were pushed apart

Ruthira was sleeping peacefully as Rudra caressed her hair. "Ruthira, wake up it's 1pm, baccha. You need to have lunch, come on". "5 more minutes", Ruthira said, pressing her face against the pillow.

"Nope. Wake up", Rudra pulled her up when she stared whining. "Arrey, what happened"? "My- my head hurts alot", She explained. "Here, have this first", he said, passing her some lime juice.

"Feeling better", Rudra wiped her tears. "Yes, much better", she replied. "How did I end up here"?

"Madam felt asleep and I brought you here. Don't worry, Yeshna told your parents that you were staying over though she might have caused some suspicion", Rudra mumbled, clearing the room.

Ruthira gave him a confused look. He explained whatever that had happened last night and how all of them ended up in his house. "Oh! Now it all makes sense", she said, nodding her head.

"So this is your room"? "Yes, do you like it"? "Yeah it's pretty but a little messy". She pointed to the towel hanging from his chair and cupboard door which was not fully closed as clothes were pilling on the bottom of it.

"Uh, I'll clean it now", Rudra replied, pushing back his clothes into the cupboard. "By the way, what's the time", she asked folding the blanket. "1pm".

"WHAT! Oh god, I have a meeting at 2.30", Ruthira panicked, finding for her phone. "But it's Saturday, I had plans for us", Rudra's murmur made her stop in place. "Oh! I'm sorry kanna but I have to go. It's an important one".

She back hugged Rudra who was upset. "Sorry. I promise next weekend I'll be free, then we can do whatever you want". "Anything I want", he asked, turning around.

"Not something R21 or even M18", Ruthira narrowed her eyes. "So PG 13"? "No, NC 16", she whispered in his ears. Rudra chuckled at her thoughts and asked her to get ready while he fixed the lunch.

When he was plating the dish, his mind went to the conversation he had with mother.

Rudra: Ma, I need to tell you something.

Maitra: What is it?

Rudra: So we may or may not have gotten into trouble?

Maitra: Huh?

Rudra: So the four of us were caught by police when....

He went on explaining whatever that happened an hour ago.

Rudra: Say something!

Maitra: What do you want me to say, Rudroneel? What? I'm upset with both you and Abhi! What if the both of you were drunk as well, what would have happened to the girls?