Chapter 28 || Heartsease

"I'm supposed to protect her but I did not", Rudra cried

"I'm supposed to protect her but I did not", Rudra cried. Adhi stared at him before dashing off to the washroom.

He went to the sink and washed his face multiple times before he looked at himself in the mirror and cried. "I failed as a brother for the 2nd time", he punched the wall making his hand bleed.

He went back to the room to see Rudra still outside. "Come, see her. She's looking for you". "But, I failed her".

"Neel! Nothing was in your hand. It's not your fault. Now come", he dragged Rudra into the room.

"Okay we'll get going, take rest", Maitra said when she noticed Adhi and Rudra. "Neel", she called out. Ruthira turned and smiled in happiness.

"Come kanna", Brinda welcomed him. "How are you", he gave her the bouquet of chocolates. "Even better now", Ruthira chuckled. Everyone was in aw for the couple.

Rudra stared at her face which was covered with some bruises. He immediately kissed her swollen cheeks one by one softly.

He heard gasps but continued kissing her forehead without bothering. "I think we should leave them alone", Nila suggested. All agreed and left them two alone.

"Never do this again please", he begged as he hugged her. Ruthira pulled him to her chest, "I promise to be more careful". "You better. I'm sorry I wasn't there".

"Rudra, nothing was your fault. Nobody's. So stop blaming yourself. Those guys are in custody now". Rudra nodded closing his eyes liking the warmth he was getting.

"Kamal uncle and Pritha aunty, together with Tara are on their way. "Okay", she hugged him tightly.

=====

It was the evening and Ruthira was being discharged. Kamal, Pritha and Tara came to visit her and thanked her for her efforts. Kamal and Pritha were guilty but Ruthira asked them to not feel that way.

Tara was angry with how Ruthira sacrificed herself so that she could escape. But in the end her anger turned into tears and cried. It took some time for Ruthira to pacify her.

"Wait wait! Drishti edukunum", Brinda stopped Ruthira from entering the house. She took a few dried chillies and some salt from the kitchen.
(Need to get rid of the evil eyes)

She mumbled within herself as she circled her hand with the items three times around Ruthira. "Thuppu", she commanded. Ruthira too fake spat three times.
(Spit)

"Can I enter now"? Brinda nodded and Aran helped Ruthira who had a cast on her left leg and was walking with the help of the clutches.

"Ah finally", she sat on the couch and spreaded her arms at her side. "Move your hand pig", Aran lightly tapped her hand. "AMMA! ARAN'S HITTING ME"! Ruthira screamed wanting to get her mother's attention.