Chapter 43 || Introductions

"Ruthira hurry, I need to leave in 5 minutes", Rudra yelled from the kitchen

"Ruthira hurry, I need to leave in 5 minutes", Rudra yelled from the kitchen. Ruthira looked at herself in the mirror. Her gaze went down to her neck as she touched her nuptial chain.

Sighing, she left her thali chain on her neck. Placing a small amount of liquid vermillion, she left the room after grabbing her bag.

"Rudra, what if I don't wear the thali chain", she mumbled.

Keeping the glass of water down, Rudra placed his hands on her shoulder. "I don't care, Ruthira. It's your choice to wear what you want. Even if you don't want to put sindoor, wear the toe rings or even wear your thali, I'm not going to say anything .

I know you are my wife and that's enough for me. I married you, for you and not because I want to see you put sindoor for me.

Whatever you decide, I'm fine with it. If this thali causes irritation, please remove it. The last thing I want is to cause you discomfort", he pecked her forehead.

"Thank you", she hugged him. "Don't thank me. This is your right, only you deserve to make the choices for yourself. Neither your husband nor anyone else can".

Ruthira hummed, pulling him in for a deep kiss. "As much as I want to take you right now, we got to go", he murmured, pulling her out of the house.

=====

Hi, I'm Riya, the intern under you". "Oh, right! So you are Riya. Mr Anand informed me yesterday that we'll be having an intern soon but I didn't expect it to be today", Rudra chuckled.

Riya stared at him a little longer than nessascery. "Come along, I'll show you around", he brought Riya around the campus.

"Class this is Ms Riya George, she'll be here teaching y'all for quite some time", Rudra introduced Riya to the class. The boys in the class hooted and cheered, welcoming her into the faculty.

=====

A Month Later

Rudra and Ruthira were packing the things needed for the outing last minute.

"I told you yesterday Rudra, let's pack but you didn't let me", Ruthira grumbled, throwing her shirt into the duffle bag.

"Excuse me, you were begging for a third round incase you forgot", Rudra mocked, wearing his shirt.

"Whatever, we need to leave in 30 minutes", she said, running to check if the gas were off. After Ruthira was done checking, she went to take a shower and changed into her outfit. As she was combing her hair, Rudra walked in.

Seeing her, he dramatically placed his hand on his chest and staggered. "Where's my wife? Give me back my wife"!

"Stop the drama and go open the door, almost everyone has arrived". She decided to not put the vermilion and walked out of the room.