Chapter 76 || Bubba

1 Year Later

1 Year Later

"Good evening, Ruthira".

Ruthira looked weirdly at Rudra who had stopped her at the entrance of the house. "Move". "No, we erm, you must be tired. So why don't you rest", he guided her to the room.

"What's that smell", Ruthira sniffed. "N- no- nothing",Rudra stammered trying to block her view of the kitchen. She shoved him aside and looked into her precious kitchen.

"NIDRA"! She immediately ran into the kitchen and gasped. Flour was all over the floor and the counter top. The cake pan had burnt scarps stuck to it.

"Amma join", the 18 month old Nidra who was cladded only in her diaper, invited her furious mother to join her in making snow angels on the flour covered floor. Ruthira closed her eyes and clenched her fists to stop herself from snapping.

"Nidra, get up". "No", she pouted. Rudra realised the seriousness of her anger. "Bubba, come get up. We need to clean". "No", she whined.

"NIDRA GET UP"! "WAAH! WAAH", Nidra stood up and ran into Rudra's arms. "WHY ARE YOU SHOWING YOUR ANGER AT HER"! "Get out, Rudra", Ruthira said, taking deep breaths.

"I won't! Why did you have to shout at her"! "I MOPPED THE WHOLE KITCHEN YESTERDAY AFTER WORK! CLEANED EVERY SINGLE SHIT HERE! AND NOW THE BOTH OF YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO MESS IT UP"!

"We were going to clean the kitchen either way. You didn't have to be so rude", Rudra spat with anger. "Ya, I'm the bad guy now, right? Do whatever you want", she walked out.

"Amma angry me", Nidra sobbed clutching his neck. "Tsk. Amma's just tired bubba", he rubbed her back. "Amma no love Nidu bubba"!

Ruthira heard Nidra before she closed the room door. "Fuck", she whisper yelled, banging her fist against the wall. Wiping her tears, she walked out.

"Come here", she stretched her hands out to Nidra. "No Amma"! "Go Ruthira, you're scaring her". Ruthira didn't listen and took Nidra from his arm.

"APPA"! Ruthira placed Nidra on the floor. "No", Nidra tried running away when Ruthira stopped her. "Amma's sorry da. Amma shouldn't have shouted at you. Sorry", Ruthira touched her ears.

"Nidra sad! Amma no love bubba"! "Amma love you alot, kanna. Forgive me, please". Nidra looked at her with a pout and sat on the floor.

"Do agels", Nidra showed the flour. "Ask Appa too", Ruthira whispered. Nidra looked at Rudra and called him with her hand, "Appa".

"No bubba, Appa don't want to play". "Nidu cry. Buffer"! Butter came running in. "Peece Appa", she gave her famous puppy eyes. "Okay".

All four of them lay on the flour and started moving their hands and legs. "Sorry, Rudra". He ignored her. "Sorry", she whispered with tears as she hugged him tightly.