Chapter 39 || Next Step

Ruthira looked down at the jar filled with rice, near foot

Ruthira looked down at the jar filled with rice, near foot. "Hurry Aaru, why are you staring at that. Just kick", Yeshna said. "Can- can I not kick it"? Ruthira looked up to see everyone looking at her with different expressions.

"I mean, we've always been taught to respect food. That's why, I can't kick it. Instead, can I carry it in? I'm still bringing the prosperity and fortune inside the house", Ruthira asked.

Though Maitra was hesitant, Shaswat loved the way she thought. "If we can change the kanyadaan ritual, I'm sure we can change this as well", he smiled, patting Ruthira's head.

"Yeah, that's a great idea", Yeshna and Abhi chirped along. Shaswat nodded, assuring Maitra who smiled and agreed. "My daughter is so smart", she added. Ruthira chuckled and carrried the jar of rice, into the house.

"Welcome home", Maitra kissed her forehead. "Welcome beta", Shaswat did the same. "Thank you", she hugged them back.

She was first brought to the prayer room where she lit the lamp. Everyone prayed, to bless the couple. After which, she went to the kitchen and boiled the milk.

According to her family, these were the post-wedding ritual. It was a mark of prosperity. After the milk boiled over, she turned the stove off.

"Okay come everyone, let's get the game started". All the cousins cheered, as Maitra brought the pot of milk and flowers.

"Come on, remove your ring", she ordered as they removed their engagement rings and dropped it into the pot. Maitra stirred the milk so that the ring wouldn't be in the middle.

"Let's go, Boudi! It's us or the guys", Esha sat on her knees behind Ruthira, encircling her neck from the back. "Bhai, our reputation is at stake", Veer warned.

Rudra nodded, "Ruthira give up! I'm going to win". "Are you scared, Roy Chowdhury", Ruthira smirked. "Of you? Of course, Mrs Roy Chowdhury", he winked. His statement made everyone laugh. "In the beginning itself your side is losing, Kiaan", Ayushi chuckled.

"Neel yaar! What is this"? "Mohit, once you get married, you'll understand", Abhi's words made all the husbands there nod. "Okay, Okay enough talking! Let's start", Pooja ordered.

"Three, two, one"! Ruthira and Rudra put their hands into the pot and started searching for the rings. When Rudra's hand came into her way, Ruthira chucked it away. "Bhai, she just pushed your hand, we must win".

"Veer, let her push all she wants. After all, I have the rings", Rudra said, pulling his hands out. The guys cheered, showing the girls a thumbs down. "BOUDI", Esha shouted, making everyone jerk. "We need to win", she added.

"Chill Esha, always start slow and start picking up your pace in the middle. You must let your opponent experience the joy of winning before they lose", Ruthira said. "Over confident, are we"? "Maybe, Rudra", she replied back.