Chapter 60 || Vulnerability

Maitra started off the ceremony by adorning Yeshna with bangles in both hands

Maitra started off the ceremony by adorning Yeshna with bangles in both hands. She then put some sweets on the saree which was on her lap. After her, Aditi started and one by one all the ladies had their turn.

"Aaru, go beta", Maitra nudged Ruthira. As she walked forward, Malini held her wrist. "She can't. Her baby died, it's a curse to Yeshna and the baby". Abhijeet's cousin gasped and looked at her in pity.

Ruthira was on the verge of breaking down. The last thing she wanted was someone to announce to the world that she had lost her child. "Who even invited her"?

"I did", Aditi came forward and held Ruthira's hand.

"It's my daughter's baby shower. As someone in her mother's place, I have all the rights to invite whoever I want. None of us, care about what you think and we can't be bothered. So please stay out of this".  

Aditi brought Ruthira to Yeshna, "you do, beta". Ruthira looked at her with tears. "No crying", Aditi sternly said and wiped the tears away.

Ruthira held Yeshna's hand and inserted the bangles. She placed some fruits on her lap and shared a hug. "I thought of a name. Ashna for a girl and Ashrav for a boy. What do you think", Yeshna asked.

"I thought you said you wanted to name your son poop in college", Ruthira acted shocked. "Shut up", Yeshna pouted and slightly tapped her arms.

"I thought we agreed on Motlu and Patlu", Esha stomped her foot. "You may gladly name your kids that", Yeshna said. "I wouldn't mind actually". Pooja shook her head in helplessness of her daughter.

The celebration continued and Esha continued suggesting names like, Shaktimaan, Chutki and Chhota Bheem. Abhijeet was fed up with her suggestions and stuffed a whole ladoo in her mouth.

Everyone laughed at Esha struggling as she could not spit the ladoo and at the same time, she could not swallow it. Eventually, she managed to chew on it.

As everyone was busy in their own talks, Yeshna suddenly felt a sharp pain. Ruthira noticed it by her expression, "what happened"? Yeshna gripped her hand tightly, "I think my water broke".

Ruthira stared at her in shock and shouted for Maitra. "Ma, Yeshna's water broke". Everyone rushed towards them and Abhijeet quickly carried Yeshna. Rudra rushed to start the car.

"It's only 32 weeks", Maitra told Shaswat in worry. "Don't worry, premature babies are very common. Even Yeshna was a premature baby", Adarvh assured them. 'Thud'!

Everyone was startled hearing the loud noise. Ruthira stood there with her head turned to the right and her hand on her cheek. A furious Malini stood infront of her.

"IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF THIS BAD OMEN! WASN'T KILLING YOUR CHILD ENOUGH THAT YOU HARMED MY NIECE'S CHILD. YOU ARE A WRETCH"! Malini screamed and pushed Ruthira away to the ground.