Chapter 64 || Godparents

It was the naming ceremony of Yeshna and Abhijeet's babies

It was the naming ceremony of Yeshna and Abhijeet's babies. They had been discharged from the NICU a week ago. In this two week, Yeshna had video called them many times to show the babies.

However each time Yeshna brought up about the babies, Ruthira will excuse herself saying she had forgotten something on the stove. Though Rudra tried talking to her about it, she always diverted the topic.

"Why are you still not ready. It's already 8", Rudra said looking at Ruthira who was sitting still on the bed. "I don't want to come. You go ahead", she mumbled.

Rudra walked to the closet and pulled out a pink saree he had bought for her recently. "Here, go change". "You go ahead Rudra, I don't want to ruin the ceremony", she pinched her fingers.

Rudra cupped her face, "Yeshna wants you there, Abhi wants you there. It's your best friend's kids. You are not going to ruin anything, you never did. Don't talk lowly about yourself, please".

Ruthira nodded, pulling Rudra for kiss. "Go", he patted her hips and left the room. Hastily draping the saree, Ruthira moved out of the room.

"You done", Rudra looked up from his phone. "Damn wife. It's getting smoking hot in here", he fanned himself. "Don't be dramatic", she mumbled while walking towards the kitchen.

He trailed behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Rudra", she gasped turning towards him. He leaned forward and claimed her lips.

"Mmm", Ruthira moaned as he slipped his hands under her blouse. "Enough", she pushed a smirking Rudra away. Suddenly her eyes grew big as she stared at him.

"Why are you looking at me like this", Rudra grew conscious of himself. "There's a handful of white hair", she covered her mouth to stop her laughter.

"What! Where", he rushed to the mirror near the washroom. "Someone's getting old, how sad", she laughed. Rudra glared at her.

"I mean you're 37 this year, in three years you will be 40. Jeez, I feel so young, I have not even entered my 30s". "You will be 29 in two months, Ruthira". "Still not 30, oldie".

Rudra walked towards her slowly, sucking his lips in. Squeezing her ass, he pulled her to him. "Do you want to see how old I am". "Rudra, don't. We- we need to le- leave", she gasped.

"Fine", he pulled back and walked out. "He's planning something big for sure, he's not the type to back out", Ruthira mumbled to herself, straightening her saree.

=====

Yeshna and Abhi wrote the names of their kids on the rice filled plates. "The father's sister can come forward and tell the kids their name", the priest said.

Yeshna and Abhijeet shared a look before looking at Ruthira. "Aaru, come do what you are supposed to", Abhijeet said. Ruthira looked at him in shock, "how- why? I- do-". "You're my sister right, come then, your nephew and niece are waiting for you".