I Will Possess Your Heart (NSFW)

It rains as soon as you reach Gotham, though you stay drier due to the underground garage. Upstairs, you sit in the living room tired. Bruce smirks as he sits by your feet. "Was pretend too much Daffodil?" You shake your head no, pointing at him. "That motorcycle threw me." He takes your feet into his lap. "It's not exhilarating?" He asks, carefully rubbing the sole with his palm. You narrow your eyes at him, trying not to give in to your crossed-off plan. "It was, but also frightening. I thought I would fly off." He raises his eyebrow as you bite your lip.

Don't moan.

He presses his thumbs across the tightness, kneading tiny circles. "Are we still pretending?" He asks, switching to your other foot. "We can if you want," you respond quickly, your heart beating too fast. He hums, his hands moving up your legs. You hear Alfred in the kitchen talking to Jacques as they have a hearty laugh. You share a look with Bruce, and his eyes motion to the stairs and above. You chuckle to yourself as he stands. "Let's go," He says, helping you up. "If only it were you and me down here." His whisper is all it takes as he rushes you up to his room.

You wonder what his plans are as he locks his door. "Are we still pretending?" You ask softly. He nods as you lie on his bed. "Why Daffodil?" You finally ask as he lies next to you. It's the calmest he's been since you've stayed with him. You know it won't last long. Happiness is fleeting in a place like this. He chuckles. "You didn't read the books in your room?" You shake your head. He doesn't answer, letting out a deep sigh.

"If you leave, I'd want you to come back," Bruce says after a moment. "Come back?" His eyes glue to the ceiling. "I think I may miss you. I've gotten used to you here in our short time." You laugh. Only a few days ago, he refused to call you anything but his employee that he slept with. "I think it's Stockholm." "No." Bruce rolls his eyes. He doesn't bring it back up, his chest softly rising and falling.

Will you come back? The question causes tears to prick your eyes. Come back to him. You sit up, wiping your eyes. "I'm afraid if I stay, I won't ever leave. And if I leave, I won't ever come back." He makes no movements until he hears your sniffles, sitting up quickly. He rubs your back in soft circular motions.

"It doesn't have to be like that." He reasons. "You can come back whenever you please. Your room is yours." You chuckle at the thought that he made you your suite. A lovely suite it is. You can't complain. But the danger? You can't leave without him or an escort. No matter how beautiful the cage is, you're still a prisoner. Maybe that's too harsh. "I don't want to lose you." He says, breaking your thoughts. "I let many people walk out of my life, but I do not want to again." He chooses his words so carefully. "Not with you." He admits.

You examine his face trying to find the lie, the look he gets when he's just trying to make you stop talking, but it's not there. Instead, his eyes capture yours, and he brushes his thumb against your cheek. "I try to rationalize my feelings and behaviors as well as others. You don't let me, and I love it." His fingers thread into your hair, bringing your face closer to his. "I want to change this city for you."

Your heart sinks, knowing your decision deep in your mind. You lift your eyes to meet his. "I don't know, Bruce... I don't think I'm strong enough like you." His left-hand lowers, resting on your neck and collarbone. "You do not need to be strong like me." His thumb caresses your jaw as he holds your head steady. "I just need to be strong enough to keep you safe." His lips graze your chin, your jaw. The thought of being trapped in his Tower is not what you want.

"What about my freedom?" You whisper, staring out his tall cathedral windows. "You will have your freedom. You always have." He pulls away to stare at your woeful expression. "You're here because you wanted to be safe, wanted to keep your family safe." His grip tightens as your inner thighs twinge. "Nobody told you that you had to come. You could have left at any time." His breathing is hot and warm against your ear. "You. Did. Not."