Anything

an:  :") the strike is still going on. hoping ao3 and wattpad aren't gonna shill to ai's or else it's joever ;-;

Victoria Vale stares out over the city when you come down to the living room

Victoria Vale stares out over the city when you come down to the living room. She is very intense with her dark eyes assessing everything. You feel self-conscious in your tee shirt and pajama pants while she wears a black sweater and high-waisted bootcut khakis. She turns to you when she hears your footsteps. You paste on a smile as you put your hand out.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. I was just getting up and stuff." You lie as she shakes your hand.

She smiles slightly as she shakes her head. "Don't worry. I'm sorry to ambush you it seems for this interview." Her voice is deeper and clipped. Almost like the newscasters you see on TV. "I'm Victoria Vale by the way. You can call me Vicki. I'm doing a piece for Vue Mag, and they gave me the opportunity the interview for their upcoming Spring issue."

You nod as you gesture to the couch. "Okay. That's cool. I hope I'm a good interviewee." You say softly, laughing to yourself. You personally are all wedding'ed out and some days want to ask Bruce to elope, but you're willing to lie if it gets you sponsors and more pull that your marriage is not to save the Enterprises.

She sits on the couch, pulls out her phone, and places it on the table. "Is it okay if I record this conversation?" You nod as you sit on the other couch facing her. "So has it kicked it yet?" She asks as she smiles, her eyes going behind you.

You glance and see Jacques and Lucy hurrying with croissants and tea or coffee and little plates. There's stress lining Lucy's face as she puts the pot of tea down carefully on the coaster. Jacques puts the plate down after, taking his hat off as he flashes an awkward smile at Vicki. You smile slightly embarrassed by their abrupt entrance as Lucy leans down, hastily whispering. "I feel like you're being ambushed. She just showed up out of nowhere." Her eyes dart over to the pretty woman as she stands. You keep up your smile as Lucy scurries away.

"Enjoy. They are made from scratch." Jacques says, gesturing to the perfect golden brown croissants. She gives him a warm smile as he follows Lucy out, wringing his hat. Your palms sweat as you grab a napkin and a croissant, suddenly hungry. You don't think Vicki is dangerous, but the fact she did show up unannounced for an interview... You take a bite of the croissant, the buttery flakiness exciting your tastebuds. Victoria hesitates before taking one herself, placing the napkin on her lap. You're suddenly self-aware of how unladylike you are, setting the bread on a plate.

"Where were we?" Vicki asks, still not taking a bite. You shrug, wiping your fingers carefully as she smiles, "Oh, has it kicked in that you're getting married?"

You sit back on the couch and shrug, "Only a little bit. Bruce and I are still the same. He calls me his wife and Mrs. Wayne already which I like, but other than that... Sometimes it does hit me and the weight of the world is on my shoulders, but I don't have to bear it alone." You say, finishing with a smile.