Fools Rush In

Your stomach flips and turns as you sit in the chair. Your hair is up in a bouffant and you feel as though you're channeling Brigette Bardot from the 60s with the bang giving you "Ring the Alarm" vibes. You've been tunneling in on yourself in between the makeup artist's applications. Marc stands by, shaking his head. "We outdid ourselves this time didn't we?" You glance over, smiling with your eyes as the makeup artist leans in close, adding a soft pink gloss. "We created art here tonight," Marc says, pretending to cry. "When Lucy called me again, I knew I just had to clear my schedule to get all you girls together." He says as he comes up behind you, playing with your hair a little. You smile as the artist, Gabriel, pulls away. "You need to go see your family. I did magic tonight. Wait." He pulls out his phone, "Are you done Gabriel baby?"

Gabriel nods, going to his makeup kit. "I need to take pictures too. We won't post them until after we get the okay," He adds with a wink. You didn't think they know what the night has in store. Marc holds his phone out, trying to find the perfect angle before looking up. "Look alive darling!"

Your family looks so amazing done up as your sisters and mother wait in the living room. "I can't believe we used all the time getting ready," Grace bemoans as she looks like a model awaiting her photoshoot even scowling. Yasmin holds her phone up as she snaps another selfie looking so elegant. They just accentuated her glow, you think as you find your mother in the kitchen, pacing a bit. "When are we leaving?" She asks before raising her eyebrows. "Oh my god! (Y/N)! Look at you!"

She comes from behind the counter, holding your face in her free hand. "I made you? Oh wow..." She trails off in awe of your makeup. She looks over at Grace and Yasmin, her face a little pale. "I just got a premonition that I need to plan another wedding." She turns to face you. "Do you think Bruce will ask you?"

You pretend to be shocked, laughing nervously. "I don't know. I don't think he would so soon. People will ask questions." Your mother's eyes narrow and she shakes her head. "Time doesn't matter when you're in love." You're taken back by her romanticism of you and Bruce as you look over at your sisters. Yasmin's fro is pulled up in a high ponytail and full on top of her head while she taps away at her phone. As if she senses you staring, she looks over at you. "You look gorgeous girl. And Eric and I were engaged way sooner than we told you guys," She snickers knowing your mother hates that fact.

Grace huffs. "Marriage also isn't everything, so don't feel pressured to do anything you don't want to Duchess Wayne." You grimace at her nickname and you wish her boyfriend would call and beg for forgiveness so she wouldn't be so sour.

"I want to know more about Bruce before we talk about that route anyway," Yasmin adds, resting her phone on her round belly. You see the baby move only slightly as she readjusts her phone with a small irritating smile.

"What do you want to know?" You ask, sitting on the barstool, your dress haloing around.

"What does he do when he's angry or you two have an argument?" She sits up, turning to face you. "Wow, serious questions right away." Grace jokes, smirking as she looks toward you.

"He likes his space, but we come back and talk about it later." You say carefully choosing your words. Your last argument rears its drunken head and you hope they wouldn't ask what it was about.

Marc interrupts. "I want to get a group picture of you all. We really did magic today. Call me motherfucking Houdini ladies." Your mother's eyebrows raise at his comment while you chuckle. "Don't look like that Miss Ma'am. I got all your heads done before you had to go out the door and its tens across the board. I knocked it out of the park. Even Mr. Gabriel." He sings Gabriel's name as he waves his hands. "Everyone gathers around Mrs. Yasmin. I don't want to move her around too much." She gives him a grateful smile and blows Marc a kiss as you all scoot on the couch. You decide to stand, knowing your dress would get in the way.