We're In This Together

an: i think the songs he's listening to are perfect girl by mareaux and then sugar by system of a down and then (don't fear) the reaper by blue oyster cult; happy new year if i don't update by sunday :") there's a playlist i made on spotify that has all the songs the chapters are named after if anyone is interested/didn't know. sorry for the rambling. i do not feel well ;-;

Sabrina lets out the loudest laugh you've ever heard from her when you two get back into the car

Sabrina lets out the loudest laugh you've ever heard from her when you two get back into the car. "My goodness. That is a lonely woman. I hope she can meet her friends for brunch very, very soon. I thought she would tell us in great detail about her and that man's sexual experiences." She wipes her eyes as you grimace, "To make matters worse, I don't know if her scarecrow is The Scarecrow." You say before considering your words.

Sabrina raises her brow as she looks at you, "Why? What would you even do with that information?"

You shrug, needing Bruce to tell her the truth. "I don't know. Tell her to stop seeing him because he's dangerous."

Sabrina rolls her eyes, "I think she likes danger."

You frown as you look out the window, watching the Foundation's building disappear. "That's a huge problem," You mutter.

You're nervous in the study as you pull the Edgar Allen Poe book, reaching carefully for the button and putting it back. You hold your breath as the thumbprint comes up. You wipe your hand quickly on your skirt, hoping you don't cause any alarm to go off as you place your thumb on the screen. The elevator opens to your relief, and you don't have to put in a code this time. You barely remember the code number as you press the button to go down to the lair.

Bruce is there, but instead of musing, he's tinkering. He doesn't hear you come down as he's blasting alternative, goth, and punk songs from his radio. He's focused and wearing a black tee shirt and sweats, a welding mask over his face. You don't want to disturb him as he lifts the mask, checking out the metal invention and softly singing along to the dark gothic song that you think you've heard him listening to before.

You carefully sit on the stool at the monitors with the lens. He's marked the buttons with post-it notes in case you come down without him and you press the button for the reader. Bruce's singing stops abruptly when he sees you, his blue eyes ablaze. You give him a small wave as he blinks rapidly, taking the mask off his head, his other hand running through his damp hair.

"You actually came down," He says in an almost whisper. "I told you I would." You reply as you carefully remove the contacts from your eyes and onto the reader. "How was it today?" He asks, coming over to give you a quick hug.

You laugh in disbelief. "I have a feeling Scarecrow has found a way to infiltrate the Foundation. I thought you said you and Gordon were going to arrest him." Bruce rests against the desk as he grimaces, "They can't find him." You can tell it is something he did not want to tell you before. "What do you mean they can't find him? What about you?" You ask, trying to keep your anger at a simmer.