Ones Who Love You

As you walk down the hallway, you notice a commotion, press trying to push their way in while the college volunteers, probably some athletes by their size, and security guards keep them away from whatever is causing this reaction. You pull out your phone to check the time. Must be Bruce. You tread carefully as you notice other organizers who were nearby coming closer too. Bruce gives them a diplomatic wave as they're held away.

"This day is not about me. We're here to give back. Remember that." He says sternly as he goes in, Ashley and her friend quickly leading him away. You wonder if he wanted that, to be treated away from everyone. Or maybe just the press. They would write about this. Bruce Wayne not answering about the incident at the football field. Bruce Wayne only cares about his event going well. Well of course he would. Why would he want it to fail? You catch yourself before you give the press an angry face, hurrying along to where they take Bruce.

"It's fine, ladies. I can handle myself. I want to help. I don't need to be in this stuffy room while everyone else is out there. I want to be as hands-on as I can. Now, where is my-" He stops mid-sentence when he sees you behind them, looking a little lost. His rare smile for them is warm as he excuses himself, closing the distance between you. You decide to go doting, knowing they're already swooning.

"I saw all the press and got nervous. I knew it was you though." Bruce tilts your chin up towards him as he smiles, "Don't worry, Daffodil. I can take care of myself, right ladies?" The volunteers nod ecstatically as they head out of the room. "Take your time! I'll let Rachel know you're here!" Ashley says as she closes the door.

A moment passes of you two staring at each other before you pull away. "Do they think we're going to fuck or something?" You ask, putting your hand on your hip. Bruce chuckles, "If your time here wasn't cut short by the Gala... I entertained the thought." Your eyes widen as you think of your old desk, rattling the desktop and papers while he fucked you from behind.

You shake your head. "Never mind that. How did your visit go?" You ask pushing the dirty thought away. Bruce lets out a deep breath. "He got the message. I'll see how he acts." He slips his hand into yours. "Where's Sabrina?" He asks as you leave the room. "Cafeteria. Helping out. Where did you want to start?"

Bruce grimaces as he looks at a folded-up piece of paper. His schedule. "I'm supposed to give a speech, but that sounds pretentious. I think I'll go sit in the front and help them sign people in. Do you want to join me?" It sounds easy for the first thing to do and you nod. "Will give the volunteers a little break too." You add as you head back to the folding tables.

The college students look surprised when they see you and Bruce approaching. "Is it okay if we help you guys out?" A tall skinny kid gives you a confused look as he pushes up his glasses. His name tag reads James. "Is that okay, James? You guys can take a break. Help around." He looks even more surprised you said his name.

He nods, looking at Ashley. "We can take a break. It's pretty easy. Just have them write their name and phone number if they have it and then write their name on these nametags. Or they can write their names." James explains, flustered as he stares at Bruce. Bruce gives him his rare easy smile that does anything but soothes the students.

"We'll stay here and help. I heard there's a line down the block." Felicia, a student with blue and purple bantu knots, says as she pats the girl next to her, Brooke. "You guys can also stay if you want. There's plenty of space. Oh, I got it." She grabs the name tags and hands them to James. "You can be in charge of these, okay?"

You figure she's in charge since there's no pushback from James and Ashley who eagerly move as far as they can from Mr. Wayne. Bruce chuckles to himself as you sit down, shaking his head. He's dressed casually, and his hair that was pushed back starts to fall on his forehead. He's dashing in your opinion, but his aura states dangerous. You know it's Batman and the rumors around him in general. He leans close to you, whispering, "I don't understand why people are afraid of me."