Doesn't Really Matter

AN: i asked this on my ao3 but again it's easier to leave author notes but I'm playing around with the idea of making a batman discord for like art fanfics and w/e but idk yet since im not on tumblr and don't use my twitter for fandom stuff~ lmk what u think ♥

Selina arrived at the cafe with a leather jacket, dark skinny jeans and sunglasses, and the blonde wig you didn't go with last night. She oozes cool as she briefly smiles at the hostess before seating herself at your table. You hope your look matches her energy in case you are captured in photos again. You hope you are not, knowing Bruce's reaction, though, with Selina, you wonder how she does anything without anyone trying to capture her essence in a photo, trying to emulate her beauty to the world.

"Don't look so grim, baby. It's just me." Selina says as the waitress hurries over. "I didn't know what to order you so I just got you water." You explain as the waitress puts down a menu for Selina. "Hi! Thanks for joining us! Here are our specials and would you like anything else besides water to drink?"

Selina shakes her head no, "Thank you though. I love your bracelet. Where did you get it?" Faith's face turns pink as Selina looks at her over her glasses. "Um, Etsy I think."

"Cute, so cute," Selina says her eyes returning to the bracelet. "Thank you. Let me know when you're ready to order!" The waitress scurries away. Selina smirks as she takes her sunglasses off.

"Did you actually like her bracelet?" You ask, thinking nothing of the trinket. Selina nods, "Either Etsy upgraded their stores or she's lying. I think that was 3ct on her wrist." You hide your impressed face by sipping your water. She must have seen so much wealth walk in and out of the club, but she knows her gems and you need that. "So, why did you invite me on this little trip?" Selina asks, eyeing you suspiciously.

"I..." You trail off. What you need to tell her depends on her trust. She didn't seem like the type to tell your business as long as you didn't tell hers. Plus she is the only one outside of the Wayne's that knows it all.

"I need a friend."

Selina's eyebrows raise. "A friend? Don't you have those?"

You nod but shake your head. "No. My friends don't know my situation to the extent you do. Plus they can't hold water for shit. It'd be on the news as soon as it left my mouth," You explain, twirling your straw around your drink. Selina considers this as she opens the menu. "I see how it narrows me down... I didn't think we were friends though."

You don't want to go down to the nitty-gritty so you shrug, "Let's see where the day takes us." You put your hand out and Selina stares at it for a moment, and then her eyes flick up to your face before taking it. "Now why do you need a friend?"

You sit back in your seat. "Two reasons. Do you want the more pressing reason or the other also big reason?" Selina scrunches up her nose, scoffing, "They both sound important (Y/N) so you're gonna have to choose."