Chapter 2

(Hugo's POV) 

      Last night was a lot for me to handle. I woke up this morning with a painful headache. I may have had way too much to drink last night. I usually have too much but it was a joyful night that I loved every second of. I always have a blast which is the most important part of it. Charlie and I have a duet that we do every time we go to karaoke. I love it. Charlie and I have been best mates for years, ever since we joined the band. I know that our friendship grows stronger every day. My feelings for him is more complicated than it needs to be. I do like him as more than my best mate. That is an issue that I cannot just put aside and pretend like it isn't there. 

   "Are you alright?" Charlie asks me as he starts making us coffee. Yes we do drink coffee. 

  "Minus my migraine from my hangover, I am perfectly fine." I answer his question as I start to make the both of us breakfast. 

   "Good. Hopefully the coffee helps with the headache." He says. 

   "It will help the headache." I say as I cook. 

     "Caffeine helps." He says. 

     "I'm aware of that fact." I state as I focus on the cooking. I really am lucky that he is in my life. For the past two years the two of us have been living together. It helps with paying the rent. Flats where we live aren't cheap at all. We are musicians which doesn't pay as much as people think it does. It's enough for us to live comfortably on though. 

   "You didn't need to be snarky with me about it." He says as he hands me a cup of coffee. 

   I take a sip as I continue cooking our breakfast. "I didn't mean to be snarky with you." 

   He smiles. "good. I'm glad that we are getting a long. What is the plan today for the band stuff?" He asks me. 

   "Heather hasn't sent anything to the group chat yet." I answer. We have a group chat for the band to make it easier on us when it comes to band stuff. Communicating with each other is so hard with the four of us sometimes. The chat makes that easier. 

     "I wouldn't mind staying here and doing nothing band related." He says as he drinks his coffee. 

   I nod. "It would kind of be nice for us to enjoy time just being lazy." I state. 

   He grins. "I do want to be lazy. We do have an album to finish. I doubt Heather will let us off the hook." He says. 

   "I doubt it too." I finish making breakfast and give it to him before making my own plate. 

    "The album is really close to being finished." He says as he eats his food. 

   I smile as I eat. "I think we have three songs left to record." I state.