Chapter 21

(Heather's POV) 

     Time flies when you're in love. Orion and I have officially been dating for a year. I honestly cannot believe that it has been that long already. We have been through our ups and downs but we made it. Orion moved in with me a few months ago. To say things are moving quickly with us in understatement. We already started talking about marriage. I might have a surprise up my sleeve for tonight's date. I'm nervous to propose but its what I want. I asked if she would say yes if I did. Her response was that she most likely would. I made my decision a few weeks that I would propose. Our mates are aware of the fact that I am tonight. Right now she's at the studio working on her first album. I'm proud of her for doing it. 

   Orion and I deserve a night out like the one we're going to have tonight. The band has been super busy as well. So a night away from it all is nice. 

   I'm currently getting ready for our date night. I wanted to be prepared to leave even though I'll have to wait for her to get ready. 

   There's a knock on the door to my flat. I open it to see Ciara standing there. I let them inside. "You are aware of the fact that I'm getting ready for a date right?" I state. 

  "Yeah I am aware of that. I wanted to see how you are doing." They state. 

   "I'm doing perfectly fine. Just getting ready." I say. "I'm excited to propose." 

     They smile. "I know that she'll say yes. If she didn't I would be surprised. You two are a fantastic and proper couple." 

   I smile as I get keep getting ready. Ciara is my best mate and has seen me go through so many ups and downs. They've been my support through it all. "Thank you. I am glad that you approve." 

   Ciara nods. "Of course I do! All I want is for you to be happy. Clearly you are." 

   I finish getting ready. "I am more than happy. That's all I've ever ever wanted for you." I state. Ciara and I did date at one point but we weren't each other's person. 

   "I am happy. Good luck." They tell me before leaving. 

    I look at my phone. Orion is on her way home. I put the ring in my pocket to hide it. My plan is to kind of elaborate but its one I have planned for months. It does make me nervous though. 

  Orion walks into the flat a moment later. "I'm going to get ready." She states before disappearing into our room. 

   I nod. "Alright. It's fancy. We have a reservation as well." I state. 

   "I know that! I left the studio on time thankfully." She tells me through the door. 

   "I am lucky that you did. Jaime is wonderful with that." I say. "I'm glad he is great with us making our own schedule." I state.