Chapter 3

(Orion's POV) 

          Two days ago at a pub I met my idol, Heather Baron-Gracie. She dumped my drink down her shirt when she bumped into me. I traded shirts with her because it was the right thing to do. I have her number. "Should I really text her?" I ask my best mates. 

  My mate, Arrow, looks at me. "You have to get your shirt eventually. She gave you her number for a reason, use it." They state. Arrow is genderfluid so they use they/them pronouns. 

   My mate, Emery, nods in agreement. "Use the number or I will text Heather for you. You are being impossibly stubborn. It's annoying. Plus you have been talking about wanting to see her again since then." She says. 

   I go to Heather's contact in my phone. I send her a text saying that I would like to see her again. I know that she is super busy with the band. Whether I get a response or not is debatable. "I texted her." I tell them. 

   "Good. Also thank you so much for introducing us to her." Arrow thanks me. 

   "Yeah thanks for that." Emery states. 

    "I will let you know if she texts back." I state. "Don't you two have a cake tasting to get to?" I ask. Arrow and Emery are getting married in a month. I am filled with joy for them. 

   "We do need to get going." Arrow states. "I wish you luck with that." 

    I hug both of them goodbye before they walk out the door of my flat. I am really worried that Heather won't answer me back. I know she probably wants her shirt back but I am still worried that she doesn't want to see me. 

    My phone dings: Hi Orion. I am free today if you want to hang. Would you like to hang for lunch?

   I text back: Lunch would be lovely. When and where? I'm nervous about meeting up with her. Heather is a badass and I always knew that. She is my idol for a reason. 

   She texts me back with a time and place. Plus she reminds me to bring the shirt with me. I laugh at the reminder. Not only is HBG my Idol but she's also my celebrity crush. She helped me realize that I'm gay. This is going to be intense. 

   I get dressed for this meet up. To say that I'm nervous is an understatement. I am feeling scared. Heather is officially part of my life. It is a lovely thing that has crossed my mind many times. I am not thinking of this as a date because I know it isn't. Doesn't make me less tense about it. 

      I arrive to the pub after walking there. It was only a five minute walk which in Manchester isn't that bad of one. I do own an automobile but sometimes I like to walk places. It helps me clear my head plus I like the fresh air. I sit down at a table. I hope this goes well.