Chapter 34

(Ciara's POV) 

     One thing has been on my mind lately. Wedding planning. It is insane. It will be all worth it in the end. I really am glad that Indigo said yes to marrying me. She is the best thing to ever happen to me. I don't know how I got this lucky but I did. She has been my rock during this difficult time in my life. I have a weird mix of feelings about it. While I'm grieving I am also planning my wedding. It's a lot to handle all at once but Indigo has been helping me through it. 

  "How are you feeling this morning?" Indigo asks me. 

   I start drinking my coffee. "I'm feeling better than I was yesterday. My sister finally told me about funeral arrangements." I state. 

  "Are you going to go?" She asks me. 

   "I haven't decided yet. It's four days after our wedding." I state. "That's not how I want to spend our honeymoon." 

  "I know but don't you think you should go? It is completely up to you. I'm just making a suggestion." She says. 

   "What I want to do is up to me. I don't want to make a decision right at this moment. I'm going to do it on my own." I state. 

  She nods. "I can deal with that. It is your choice. Whatever you decide to do, I'll support." She states. 

   I kiss her on the cheek. "Thank you." I say. My family never really was supportive of my lifestyle. 

   "Of course. We have a cake tasting to get to." She gets off the sofa. 

   "Is that why you didn't make us breakfast this morning?" I ask as I get off the sofa. 

   "Yes. We have to have an appetite to try the cakes that we are." She states as we head out of the flat. 

   We start walking to the bakery that we agreed to get our cake at. It isn't far from our flat which is nice. It's about a five minute walk which makes it easy for us to get there. In London the less you drive the better. London is very much a walking city. 

   We arrive at the bakery. One of my good mates owns it. It is the perfect place to get a cake. "Well there's the lovely couple!" My mate and Claudia's girlfriend, Liv, greets us. 

   "Hello! Thank you so much for agreeing to make our wedding cake." I say as we head to the back room. 

   "Yes thank you. How have you been?" Indigo asks.

   "I've been good. Impatiently waiting for Claudia to propose. Running a queer owned business is amazing." Liv answers.