Chapter 12

(Indigo's POV)

    Today was a tough day for me. Ciara left for their flight a couple of hours ago. They asked me to go with but I couldn't. Knowing they'll be gone for a month is tough. A lot can change in that amount of time. I really hope nothing changes between us. I spent every minute until Ciara left with them. It was important for us to have that time. It clarified some things for us as a couple. 

    "Nice to see you. I haven't seen you in a while which is odd considering that I'm your sister." My sister, Danielle, states. I invited her over to hang for a little bit. 

   "You are my sister. We haven't seen each other because you live in Michigan and I live here. Case in point." I state. 

   "Every time I ask to come visit, you take a long time to answer. It's nice that you caved." She says. "Updates?" 

     "I've been dating a rock star for seven months. Their name is Ciara and they are the best partner ever. Right now they are on tour in the U.S. I miss them like crazy." I give her updates about some of the things that I have had going on lately. 

   "That sounds wonderful. I hope to not to be a nuesis since I'm here. Would you be willing to let me stay with you?" She asks. There it is. I knew that she would ask. 

    "How long are you planning on being here?" I ask. 

   "Two-three weeks." She answers as our food arrives. 

    "I can't let you stay with me. I have a wedding that I have to get ready for. Plus I have to prepare for Ciara moving in." I state. 

   "You have a lot going on. I understand. I can get a hotel. I just thought you'd like my company." She states. 

    "I do like that you're here visiting me. I have too much going on. I love you. I have other priorities at the moment." I explain as I eat. 

     "It's alright." She says as she eats. "I get it. My timing wasn't the best." She states. 

    I eat as well. "No it wasn't. I updated you on what I'm up to. Now it's your turn." I say as I eat. 

    She looks at me. "I do have some huge news. You are going to be an aunt!" She states. 

     I noticed that she wasn't drinking but I didn't want to say anything. I should never assume. "Congratulations! Is that part of why you're here?" 

   "That's not the only reason why I'm here but I did want to tell you in here but I did want to tell you in person. I'm also here on a business trip." She explains to me why she's here. I'm glad she's happy and doing well.