Chapter 7

(Orion's POV) 

         Heather and I are doing well as a couple. I have strong feelings for her already which is a bit terrifying. We have only been dating each other for a month but I'm already feeling strongly for her. I know she leaves in a month for tour. That's worrying but it is what it is for right now. I want to be there for her even when she isn't here. I have had dress shopping, planning for the bachelorette party, and many other maid of honor duties. It is a lot of work but I don't mind it. I also have normal work which is less fun. Heather has been busy with band stuff. It has been a rough couple of weeks. 

   "It's nice to be away from all of the craziness for the day." Heather tells me. We decided to go into London for a couple of days. Just to be away from everything. She decided to take the weekend off from band things. 

   "Thank you for taking me into London for the weekend." I state. In the years I've lived here I haven't been to London yet. 

   "You're welcome. This is your first time going into London isn't it?" She asks me as we get onto the train. 

  I nod. "Yeah it is. I haven't been able to go with work and money." I state. 

    "I'm glad that I'm the one to take you." She says as we sit in our seats. 

   I take her hand in mine. "It is an experience that I'm glad I get to have with you." I say. 

   She squeezes my hand. "I am as well. Especially with everything going on, being away is helpful." She says. 

  "Yes. We do have to take care of our mental health." I say. 

   She nods. "Our mental health is super important. I'm glad I get to use my talent and art to tell people that it is okay to talk about it." She says. 

   "It is. I struggle with mental health. I got diagnosed with anxiety and depression in high school. I also have ADHD. I also have trauma from being queer. It is a lot to deal with. That's part of why I started song writing." I state. 

  "It has helped me with my trauma and my mental health. That's a lot to deal with for one person." She tells me in agreement. 

   I bite my lip. "It is a lot. It can be way too much at times. I manage to get through it by writing about what I'm feeling. For me that's the best way to handle it. I really hide behind my song writing." I state. 

  "I hide behind it. There are things that I'm not comfortable showing to the world. I don't lock up though." She says. "I still write it out but I don't keep it inside. I can't I would explode if I did." 

   I put my head on her shoulder. The train into London is only an hour which isn't bad at all. I still want to be comfortable though. "I would explode if I kept it inside as well. There are parts of myself that I won't show to the world. I can't. I want to be vulnerable with the people that I'm closest with." I say. I have hard time opening up to people some times but with Heather its easy. I know she won't judge me. I feel comfortable with her.