Chapter 35

(Orion's POV) 

     It's Heather and I's last day of our honeymoon. We spent last night at a hotel in Brisbane. Today we're going to spend the day at the Australia zoo. I'm glad we're able to spend it there. I am excited to see the animals especially kaolas. "We can come back and get our luggage right?" I ask my wife. 

   She nods. "I asked if we could and they said yes since we paid for the extra day." She answers. 

   "Well that was the only way to leave it here. We need to keep track of the time." I state. 

   Heather grabs her purse. "Yes. We should head out." She says. 

   The both of us head out of the hotel room with everything that we need. It is an hour away from where we are. There was no hotels near the zoo. We smile at each other. I'm thankful that Heather is my wife. She fell in love with me out of all the women in the world, she chose me. I never thought I would ever get married because of how much pain I've been through. My heart has been broken a lot but I got out of it stronger. 

   Falling in love with Heather is a true blessing. She's my partner in crime. I love her so much. "What animal are you the most excited to see?" Heather interrupts my train of thought. 

   "Kaolas. You know that is one of my favorite animals." I answer on our way to the zoo. It's a very expensive Uber. 

   "I'm excited to see all of them but kangaroos are great." She says. 

    I smile. "Kangaroos are awesome as well. The work that the Irwins do for these animals is a wonderful thing." I state. 

   "It is a wonderful thing. Before I formed Pale Waves, I actually wanted to move out here. I wanted to help the injured animals. It was something I was passionate about that. Music became a stronger passion of mine." She explains. 

   "I never knew that about you." I say as we're dropped off at the gate for tickets. 

    "It isn't something that a lot of people know. I tend to keep it somewhat of a secret." She says as we go up to get our tickets. 

   "I'm glad that you told me." I kiss her on the cheek. 

     "I didn't want to give up music so I decided to form Pale Waves." She explains as we go through the gates. It is absolutely gorgeous outside. The perfect day for this. 

   She takes my hand in hers, intertwining our fingers. "Its the perfect day." She states. 

   I smile, squeezing her hand. "I am lucky to be here." I state as we start walking to a certain area. 

   She smiles. "I'm lucky to be here with you." She states. 

   "Exactly." I say. We go to the area and look at the animals. We started with the kaolas. They're so fucking cute. "They look so soft." I say.