Chapter 14

(Ciara's POV) 

          Today is day three of tour. We are in Boston. It has been an intense day so far. We already did our soundcheck so now we are currently walking around the city looking at some of the sights here. There isn't much time for us to do our tourist stuff. The four of up split up into pairs, Hugo and Charlie is one, Heather and myself is the other. We agreed to meet back at the venue for M's and G's. 

    Heather looks around. "I forgot how nice Boston is." She says to me. The last time we were here was opening for The 1975. That was the tour that launched our music careers. It was a huge year for us. 

   "Yeah it is nice. I missed touring like this." I say. "Though this time we have more going on." 

   "Yeah. It's all worth it. We're here." She agrees. 

   "And it's something that I'm proud of us for accomplishing this. I remember us starting out as a duo. Now it's four and headlining our own tour." I state as I sit down on one of the benches. We got a hot dog earlier. 

   "I remember that. It felt so long ago. I know it hasn't been. I'm really proud of us and how far we've come as a band." She says in agreement. 

   "We deserve this. Where we are now has been years in the making. Our lives are going to keep changing." I state. I am ready for what the band's future holds. Whatever that may be. We've come so far as a band. It means more than words for me be living my dream. It's also my Chosen Family. I'm lucky that they're all in my life. 

   "We do deserve this. I'm lucky that you're part of my Chosen Family. We are family no matter what. I'll always support you." She says. 

   The alarm on my phone goes off. It signals that it's time for us to get back to the venue. We walk back to the venue as quickly as we can. I know that the fans love us. Getting to hear their stories and how our music has impacted their lives is a special feeling. It's part of why I wanted to make music. I wanted to make music to make a difference for people. That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm grateful to have this experience with the people that I love. It's amazing feeling that I like having. 

   When we get back to the venue, Charlie and Hugo are waiting for us. Charlie smiles. "Let's do this." He says. 

   Hugo nods. "Yes let's." He says. 

     The four of us get behind the table to start our autograph session. I love being the headlining band. Doing VIP stuff for the fans is incredible. I love helping the fans. It shows that I'm making a difference. 

   One fan comes up to me right before I go in for the acoustic set. I usually just stand behind the stage during that part. "Thank you for helping me realize that I'm non-binary. You being open about your transition helped me when I came out." They explain to me before handing me a letter.