Maybe slash maybe not

RIP KK my favorite singer 🥺

"Nandini I was kidding, I didn't intend to hurt your emotions," Manik said instantly.
"But, you did. I just ended up explaining how I was taken for granted by the guys. Still, you dare to say it." Nandini said looking into his eyes. Manik felt guilty. 

"I am sorry Nandini, I won't repeat it," Manik said. After an awkward silence of one minute, Nandini burst into fits of laughter.

"Nandini, you scared the shit out of me," Manik said genuinely.

"Well right now I'm joking, but I advise you to never repeat the joke," Nandini said after wiping her tears due to laughing.

"So, we are not allowed to bitch about our exes," Manik said smiling.

"Nope, not until we are married," Nandini said.

"Oh, you have made up your mind that you will marry me," Manik said passing her a toothy grin.

"Well your smile is saying you will be happier than me if we get married," Nandini said smiling,         like before.  

Before Manik could reply, their friends barged in.

"Cabir we should not disturb the would-be couple," Mukti said innocently.

"Maybe slash maybe not" Manik added, stopping their friends from having higher expectations.

"Nandini, what's your decision?" Abhimanyu asked not beating around the bush.

"We will think for 7 days and decide whether we would marry each other or not," Nandini answered.

"Good decision Nandu," Abhimanyu said.

 The next day Nandini and her family left for the penthouse. All youngsters joined them to settle in the new place.

Cabir, Manik, Nandini and Abhimanyu were again in same car.

"Abhimanyu, do you think we should hire a cab and give them some privacy," Cabir said teasing Nandini.

"No funny business allowed before seven days Nandu and Manik understood?" Abhimanyu said with a glint of seriousness.

"Bhai," Nandini whined. She herself won't like it.

 They reached home. Youngsters made all necessary arrangements for the household and groceries, and Nandini just enjoyed her gala time. 

Except for Manik, everyone left. Nandini's Chacha G wanted to talk to Manik, so they were having coffee in the balcony of the guest room. 

"Manik when Anna, I mean bhaiya was expecting his first baby Abhimanyu, I was so excited. When I first took him in my hand, I wanted my firstborn to be a guy. I married five years later than Bhaiya. And then Nandu was born. I still remember, the cute little infant, crying. When I first took her in my hand, I don't know my eyes watered. She wrapped her fingers around my thumb, I still remember the moment. I told your aunty, I want a girl.  However, Rishab was born that too with lots of complications. Doctors said Shanno g cannot conceive anymore. It was painful, we were broken and sad. But, Bhaiya and Bhabhi made us realize that because of Gutki I wanted a girl, why not Gutki. Bhaiya "Venkatesh said remembered the beautiful moment of their life. His eyes were filled with tears. He paused for a few minutes, and Manik offered him water. 

Venkatesh controlled his emotions, crying in front of his maybe would-be son-in-law is the last thing he wants.

"We used to fight who will do Kanyadan of Gutki. Bhaiya always asked Bhabhi for her opinion and Bhabhi always voted for me. Bhabhi trusted me with the most valuable treasure of her life and I will never break her trust." Venkatesh said with determination.