Chunri, coconut, coin....

After reading the reply, both of them looked into each other's eyes instantly.

Nandini was the first one to look down.

"So, I will go first, I said yes because somewhere back in my mind I know that our relationship will work out. More than us, our families like each other. We both are equally hungry for success, and we both love our family more than anything, I know it won't be easy, but we will make it. Earlier when dad used to hire assistants for me, I felt that no one is competent enough to be on the same page as me. I liked your nature on the first day you looked at my medals and certificates rather than my pictures on the wall." Manik said.

"You never said that you liked me, you always created problems for me". Nandini said and rolled her eyes.
Manik laughed at her reaction.
After a comfortable silence, Nandini gathered her thoughts.
"I have never tried relationships, but as you have mentioned we both love our families, and we are on the same page generally, when we are not we challenge each other, which brings the best solution. I always wanted that my partner should be someone who is my best friend, I can share anything with him. Though we always had a professional relationship, I know someone like you can be that someone." Nandini said.  

Manik just smiled after listening to her confessions. 

"But, I have one doubt. We don't love each other," Nandini said. 

"Though you will feel my advice is opinionated, I am saying this with experience. Love will fade away when a couple is not compatible enough. Compatibility and companionship, respecting each other's opinion these things are way more important." Manik said.

"Honestly speaking one thing is eating up my head that is me being fresher in this department. I don't know anything about it how to handle any issue I don't know how will I handle the situations which we both will face in the future. I don't know I don't know anything." Nandini voiced out her insecurities.

"See it will be the first time for me also, it's the first time that I'm getting married. Though it's really hard to believe it's equally different and difficult for both men and women. we also have pressure to keep you happy pressure is not the right word but you will be leaving your house, everything will be new for us and it also creates pressure on us. Being in a relationship is completely different than getting married as I have earlier mentioned marriage involves both families. One tear in your eyes and Abhimanyu will kick my ***." Manik said and Nandini laughed listening to the last part.

"So what are we supposed to do to face this situation?" Nandini asked.

"Although you'll find my advice bookish all you have to do is go with the flow. You have to properly voice out your opinion, whenever you're not feeling well about any situation. Generally, what couples do, they expect that their partner will understand without actually communicating it. So all we need to do is just go with the flow, whatever will be the situation we will face we will handle it together." Manik said.

"Do you think there won't be any situation when we will not listen to each other?" Nandini asked.

"Nandini chill. We don't know how the future will be, all we can do is enjoy our present in the best possible way.  We will fight but in the end, I want us to solve our issue and move ahead."

"What if we fail each other's expectations?" Nandini asked.

"Well, in that case, you need to be vocal about your expectation and even after being vocal about it I'm not listening to you then it's my fault," Manik said.

"All this information there's a lot to digest in one go," Nandini said.

"Then don't. See time will teach us everything. I think you have this inferiority complex that you were never in a relationship so you have zero ideas about it. But, it's not true. relationships don't work on fixed rules and principles. Every person is completely different. What I had in my past, does not necessarily need to be useful in the present. But, now that I'm sure that I'm ready to build my future with you, then everything related to you will matter. Above all the most important thing is are you happy with this decision?"  Manik asked.