Son of Satish

Manik and Nandini were snuggled into each other.

Nandini heard the voice of a telephone ringing continuously.

"Manik, pick up the phone," Nandini said, Manik was too tired and sleepy to respond.

Nandini was also irritated with the disturbance in her sleep.

"Manikkkkk!" Nandini shouted in Manik's ear.

"Woman, stop shouting," Manik said and his hands fetched the landline on the bedrest.

"Yes Mom, please send coffee," Manik said. He grabbed the water bottle and drank some water.

"Nandu, get up. Some of the guests are leaving. We need to meet them." Manik said while patting her chicks.

"Why?" Nandini asked.

"Mom said your Muh Dikhai rasam is preponed because maximum relatives are leaving today," Manik said but got no response from her.

"Are you even listening?" Manik asked while patting her chicks.

"Yes,'' Nandini replied while sitting.

"Do you want some water?" Manik asked and she nodded.

.....................

Nandini was seated in the center. All the elder ladies removed her veil and gave her gifts and Money.

"Nandini can you hold Rohan for some time, I will prepare his food in the meantime. Satish is occupied in something?" Pooja asked.

"Yes Bhabhi," Nandini said and took Rohan in her lap. Rohan looked into her eyes and then his eyes went to her breast.

"Baby, your Mamma will bring your food. I don't have what you are looking for." Nandini said cutely and earned a toothy grin from him.

Manik just came back from dropping off some relatives at the airport.

"So, Rohan enjoying with his Chachi?" Manik said while pinching his chicks. He tried to stand on his legs. Nandini supported him.

"I am too young to become a chachi," Nandini said.

"Madam, now that we are married all the kids will call us Chacha, Chachi, Uncle, and Aunty," Manik said teasing her.

"No, I won't allow them to call me aunty," Nandini said. She is not in the category of Aunty yet.

Manik broke into fits of laughter. Rohan didn't understand the joke but he also laughed when Manik laughed which gained everyone's attention.

"What's the joke?" Dhruv asked. Fab5 and Navya joined the newly married couple.

"Nandini thinks she is not good enough to be called Chachi or Aunty," Manik said and everyone laughed at her. Nandini rolled her eyes and focused on Rohan.

"Rohan is a very smart boy, now give me one kiss?" Nandini asked in a baby voice. Rohan kissed her nose.

"Aww," Everyone said together. Rohan felt shy of too much attention, so he kept his head on Nandini's shoulder where no one could see him.

Nandini patted his back and was engrossed in the conversation with others.

"Aah," Nandini said in pain.

"What happened?" Manik asked instantly.

"He is biting my neck," Nandini said while trying to detach his mouth from his neck. Rohan's gripped her neck, this time with his maximum strength.

"Oh Maa," Nandini said while hissing in pain.

"Rohan," Manik said sternly and Rohan left her neck. Manik took him in his lap.