Bye Mad Manik

Next day

They reached Mumbai. Everyone had a prior commitment for the day.

Nandini was getting ready for office.

She was nervous and excited at the same time.

A lot of what-ifs were running in her head.
What if someone humiliates me? What if they judge my relationship with Manik? What if they question the base of our relationship?

However, she was sure about one thing, Manik would be there. He will handle everything properly.

After the incident in jail, Abhimanyu was concerned about his sister's safety. So, one bodyguard was assigned to her. For the outside world, he was the driver of Nandu to avoid discomfort which Nandini might get because of the unnecessary attention of people.

She reached the office building and was waiting for the lift.

"Hey Sexy" Nandini heard the faint voice of a man. 
When she turned around no one was there.

"Looking for the source of this dashing voice Miss Sexy Murthy?" Manik asked giving a toothy grin to Nandini.

"It's you," Nandini said and sighed in relief.

"Were you expecting someone else to give you this compliment?" Manik asked.

"Not sure about the compliment part. But, someone might try to humiliate me." Nandini said.

"Relax, no one will say anything to you," Manik said while entering the lift.

"Hopefully," Nandini said.

"Definitely," Manik said and kissed her hand.

"Manik, anyone can enter in the lift. Have some shame." Nandini said sternly.

"You are looking so ravishing right now. It's because of your beauty I cannot control myself." Manik defended himself.

"Flirting, are we?" Nandini said and took one step closer to Manik.

"Yes, any problem?" Manik asked.

"No Mr Malhotra," Nandini said and gave a wink.

Manik and Nandini were in a deep discussion when Nandini's phone started ringing.
It was from Arya. Nandini received it while keeping it on speaker.

"Nandu, have you seen the look of defeat on that bitch's face," Arya said.

"Whose face? Nandini asked quizzically. 

"Soha Khurrana. Manik gave all the proof against Khurranas to the media. Turn on the Business News TV." Arya said getting excited like a teenager.

"Oh damn, let me see her face. Will call you later." Nandini said and ended the call.
Arya was right. The look on their face was indeed great. 
The pain in their eyes, the shame they are facing right now, they have earned it.

Nandini was trying to control her tears and emotions. She went to the office door and hung 'In a meeting board' on the gate. She locked the gate and ran to Manik.

"Manik, thank you so much," Nandini said while hugging him.

Manik turned her around and pulled her on his lap.

Nandini was too emotional to note this. He passed her tissue paper. They sat like this for some time. Nandini stopped crying.

"In case you want to thank me, give this poor guy permission to kiss this beauty," Manik said while caressing her chicks. 

Nandini nodded her head in approval and closed her eyes.

Manik looked at her, who was waiting for the kiss. Feeling no movement from his side Nandini opened her eyes and discovered Manik was just looking at her face.